Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro North

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's great, and let's hope it gets off the ground this time.

Mod note: I've split this from the old thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

As discussed else where, not only should Metro North be accelerated, but they should go back to the original plan which was fully designed and ready to go. The supposed savings seemed pretty dubious to me. Shortening platform lengths in particular, meaning capacity is limited for ever more, was particularly short sighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

Told yiz there's an election coming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Where is this due to end? By that I mean the terminus for metro north be located.

Think it would be great for North Fingal if it is extended to Balheary or just beyond the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

There's been a few different versions of the design and there's supposed to be another design this time around. From memory there was to be a Park and Ride and Depot at the Lissenhall roundabout but I also have a vague recollection that in a later version it only made it as far as Seatown road

• Advertisement
Advertisement