Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs. Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

niallo27 wrote: »
    I presume you mean liverpool or else your on a wind up.

Not at all. Liverpool were gash in the second half.

Theyll be delighted they stopped the rot and spurs and arsenal dropped points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Nalz wrote: »
    Huh? Good result for them to get top 4

Silly billy

How far utd have dropped that they want the leaders to pull ahead. I presume it's reality now for them no matter how much they spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lucky??? I don't understand This...Liverpool had all the ball and no end product.

It was Chelsea who looked far more threatening

I thought the opposite tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I presume you mean liverpool or else your on a wind up.

Christ you're deluded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Not at all. Liverpool were gash in the second half.

Theyll be delighted they stopped the rot and spurs and arsenal dropped points.

Chelsea shaded it for me

• yeah cos utd are going to win the league lol

When did I say that?
    You are coming across bitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Deserved all 3 points but will take the point.

Arsenal losing and spurs drawing means our nearest rivals dont gaun ground. Id have taken that before kick off.

I thought you couldn't watch the match because your in work :confused: or was that another poster?

How far utd have dropped that they want the leaders to pull ahead. I presume it's reality now for them no matter how much they spend.

It is what it is. In all cups and fighting for a top 4 place in Joses first season. It's reality this season alright. Let's not make it about United too much here now.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    When did I say that?
    Don't be bitter

In fairness why is he bitter his team are miles ahead. A team in 6th is the least of his worries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Here we go again with anti united bitterness(chelsea fan by the way)

And if anyone had said before the game that United were still in with a shot at the title they would have rightly be laughed off the forum.

Come on man, you know exactly why its a good result for us.

The posturing is pointless.

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    I thought you couldn't watch the match because your in work :confused: or was that another poster?

He's happy with the result?
    Don't think anyone needs to have watched the game To be happy with a result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

liverpools long ball tactics and lets all kick the shoite out of hazard worked a treat then...what a horrible little club

Here we go again with anti united bitterness(chelsea fan by the way)

Kill them with logical debate and a touch of "it's ok"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We've lost one game in league since 5th Dec 16 .
    That Swansea game was so annoying. Arsenal have lost 3 since 5th Dec, City also 3 , Spurs 1 like us. Our league form still holds up. The cup games have cast a huge fake shadow !

• Advertisement

We concede a stupid free kick goal
    Score a great goal, and miss two sitters. We woz wobbed of 2pts .

• murpho999 wrote: »
    How is it a great result for Utd? I thought they were trying to win the league?

Says who?
    When did I say we were trying to win the league
    Stop pretending you don't know why I'm happy with that result, I'm not going to bother explaining why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hang on a second. If United win tomorrow they make up ground on Chelsea so your logic is flawed.

Either way we have no hope of overtaking 5 teams so top 4 is the aim right now..

• niallo27 wrote: »
    In fairness why is he bitter his team are miles ahead. A team in 6th is the least of his worries.

Nothing got to do with what he posted
    Again, when did I say utd are trying to win the league

That free kick was a quite whistle that was increased in volume in analysis.

• Advertisement

Says who?
    When did I say we were trying to win the league
    Stop pretending you don't know why I'm happy with that result, I'm not going to bother explaining why

bookmark this page cos utd will never make top 4 this season

Fair result.
    Chelsea's league surely.

Some good players in that pool team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    bit of a stretch.

I am sure if Neil Warnock was about he would have made a joke out of that :D

We concede a stupid free kick offside goal
    Score a world class goal, and miss two sitters and should have had a peno retaken cos our Eden, our main peno taker was targeted and had to go off injured.

We woz wobbed of 2pts .

• bookmark this page cos utd will never make top 4 this season

I'm not going to bookmark a page because some anonymous poster thinks I said we will win the league when I didn't and then reverts to saying we won't make top 4 when he's called on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Kante was immense

He's happy with the result?
    Don't think anyone needs to have watched the game To be happy with a result

How would he know Chelsea were the better team if he's not watching? Also said in another post that Liverpool were gash in the second half, which I don't agree with, I think we were worse in the first half :)

I'd say both sets of fans are happy with the draw. Personally I don't think either team did enough for the win and the draw was a fair result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

We concede a stupid free kick offside goal
    Score a world class goal, and miss two sitters and should have had a peno retaken cos our Eden, our main peno taker was targeted and had to go off injured.

We woz wobbed of 2pts .

You're having a mare. Ridiculous mentioning of an "offside goal" that wasn't even close. Everything you say is rendered pointless if you fail to see that.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    You're having a mare. Ridiculous mentioning of an "offside goal" that wasn't even close. Everything you say is rendered pointless if you fail to see that.

If you read his posts throughout then you should know better than to try and engage.

A wink and a nod is all he should be getting.

astradave wrote: »
    Hang on a second. If United win tomorrow they make up ground on Chelsea so your logic is flawed.

Either way we have no hope of overtaking 5 teams so top 4 is the aim right now..

If Liverpool had lost tonight and United win tomorrow they gain even more points on securing Top 4.

Most results tonight we're good for the Top 4 race. Everyone gets a little closer.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Is anyone biting?

Just laughing with him as he is getting no bites he is looking for

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How would he know Chelsea were the better team if he's not watching? Also said in another post that Liverpool were gash in the second half, which I don't agree with, I think we were worse in the first half :)

I'd say both sets of fans are happy with the draw. Personally I don't think either team did enough for the win and the draw was a fair result.

If you are talking about Gav i thought he said he was going to miss the first half thru work so i presume he is commenting on the second half only as thats all he has seen

astradave wrote: »
    If you are talking about Gav i thought he said he was going to miss the first half thru work so i presume he is commenting on the second half only as thats all he has seen

Ah that could make sense :) if he thought we were crap in the second half I'm glad he didn't see the first :D

I'm not going to bookmark a page because some anonymous poster thinks I said we will win the league when I didn't and then reverts to saying we won't make top 4 when he's called on it

Mick your offside. clearly!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

For the life of me I can't understand why people apart from Liverpool fans feel they were robbed??

It was the typical Liverpool performance in the first half chelsea sat back and Liverpool couldn't create anything decent with over 60 percent possession.

Then the second half start and Chelsea hold more possession and venture forward and Liverpool start pressing and opening up space in behind and grab the goal.

Then after the goal it was blow for blow but Chelsea were always on top first Half and second half it was 50/50.

Its still the same tactics to play against Liverpool catch them on the break give them the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

bottle thrown at Wijnaldum after he scores

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-georginio-wijnaldum-bottle-thrown-9732459

London piss presumably

Liverpools-Georginio-Wijnaldum-celebrates-scoring-their-first-goal-as-a-bottle-is-thrown-onto-the-p.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-georginio-wijnaldum-bottle-thrown-9732459

London piss presumably

Liverpools-Georginio-Wijnaldum-celebrates-scoring-their-first-goal-as-a-bottle-is-thrown-onto-the-p.jpg

Hate that stuff, every team has that scumbag element. hope that **** is found and banned for life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

****ing **** throwing a bottle at a player. Hope they got caught and get charged with whatever the maximum is.

edit: and that's 100% coming from the away end in that corner there.

emmetkenny wrote: »

That was me. Or at least I was one of them

• Advertisement

London piss presumably

clearly photoshopped

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

clearly photoshopped

ozL1p6Q.gif

clearly photoshopped

I've looked closely at the pixels and I don't think so. But then again I'm no pixel expert.

Jayop wrote: »
    I've looked closely at the pixels and I don't think so. But then again I'm no pixel expert.

none of our lot would throw a bottle with beer still in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Have to say, I'm amazed of been on boards this long without noticing this absolute plank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

because they wouldn't want to waste the beer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is it because they're throwing prawn sandwiches instead?

Have to say, I'm amazed of been on boards this long without noticing this absolute plank.

coming from you, I consider that a compliment. :D

you play fifa ffs, what are you 12? Bet you've even got a gaming chair and a special joystick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

coming from you, I consider that a compliment. :D

you play fifa ffs, what are you 12? Bet you've even got a gaming chair and a special joystick :D

Christ, gone through my post history to try and insult me after the fact. Ouch I play video games, you've found my deepest darkest secret :p

I can't understand why refs don't see after games how much of a cheat hazard is and cop on to it. They fall for it every week. 23% more free kicks gained than the next player. He ruins himself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement