Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs. Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Mcmanaman and his bias
    Still winging about the free

Bias my bollox all he has done in the last few weeks is have a go at them. He goes out of his way to prove he is not biased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Excellent tactics from cheldea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Disaster of a first half. Either an absolutely massive **** up from the ref (blowing before checking that everyone was ready) or from Mignolet (signaling he was ready, then moving).

Would like to see Can off for Mane asap. Lallana back to midfield, Mane up to RWF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Boring enough first half, apart from Mignolet going walkabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

very happy at the moment, brilliance from David, goal of the season, what technique!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We need a sh*thouse Mourinho style 45mins to see it out.

I'd take it right now. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

The f*ck up was the award of the free kick in the first place. The ref has been fooled by hazard numerous times as he does his best Ashley young impression.
    Even if mignolet was set, he wasn't getting that. It was a wonderful strike by luiz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

very happy at the moment, brilliance from David, goal of the season, what technique!

Ah here he was kicking the ball into an open net. Hardly goal of the season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lallana having a day off in the front 3, really need his creative play in midfield. Can needs a rest.

• Advertisement

Don't refs usually let keepers get set before blowing the whistle. It seemed a bit odd. He gave the players no chance.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We need a sh*thouse Mourinho style 45mins to see it out.

I'd take it right now. :o

Yeh took it for 3 title wins too :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

love how Costa can do what Lallana did and not give away a free kick right in front of the ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'd shoot firmino, talk about not taking one for the team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

niallo27 wrote: »
    Bias my bollox all he has done in the last few weeks is have a go at them. He goes out of his way to prove he is not biased.

Not tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Lee Dixon might be my favourite commentator well apart from Brian Kerr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hazard got his body in front of Lallana and Lallana bumps into from behind. It's a free all day.

I think BT just like to create drama where there is none.

Don't refs usually let keepers get set before blowing the whistle. It seemed a bit odd. He gave the players no chance.

They were set its the keeper that decides to then run across the goal shouting after the whistle was blown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Gavlor wrote: »
    I'd shoot firmino, talk about not taking one for the team...

I think Mingolet was barking something at him at that point. I don't think Firmino knew the kick was being taken. Need to see it again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Howard Webb, probably the best and most qualified said it was a free kick so that's the debate settled

Hazzard moved across into the stride of Lallana. Lallana was in mid stride and contact was inevitable. All Hazzard though/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Normally they check with the free taker, then check with the keeper, then blow.

So either Mig signaled he was ready, then moved, or ref didn't check with him.

An error from Mig regardless, not being switched on to move when the whistle went anyway, but seemed like the ref didn't check with him either.

Very odd, as that's simply standard practice at every level of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Rodwell should have been off there, crazy 'tackle'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

The Chelsea tactics of Costa and Hazard in particular of throwing themselves on the ground and trying to buy fouls pay off... Only needs to pay off now and again and Clattenburg only too happy to play his part.

That said WTF is mignolet at, practically turned his back to the ball.... Clown. All set up for Chelsea to sit back and counter.

lol, slippery G crying like a little baby!

jayo26 wrote: »
    They were set its the keeper that decides to then run across the goal shouting after the whistle was blown

He is still setting up the wall when the whistle is blown. I'm not saying it was the wrong decision I am just saying usually refs wait until everyone is set. Would you not agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Hate to say it but that goal was brilliant on Luiz's part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Unearthly wrote: »
    Howard Webb, probably the best and most qualified said it was a free kick so that's the debate settled

Even though he said the exact opposite

He said it wasn't

The Chelsea tactics of Costa and Hazard in particular of throwing themselves on the ground and trying to buy fouls pay off... Only needs to pay off now and again and Clattenburg only too happy to play his part.

That said WTF is mignolet at, practically turned his back to the ball.... Clown. All set up for Chelsea to sit back and counter.

I would laugh at your bitter wrongness but you only have one eye :D

It's clever play, something Firmino does not do, get his body in front and win a free kick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Haha, that free kick is far from goal of the season! It was a lovely strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

lol, slippery G crying like a little baby!

And your so much more grown up being 11 and all!

It's clever play, something Firmino does not do, get his body in front and win a free kick.

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Only saw about 10 minutes of it. Looks like a typical (of late) imagination-less Liverpool performance where they could play for 10 hours and not carve out one decent chance?

I would laugh at your bitter wrongness but you only have one eye :D

Ah come on Hazard is the best in the game and buying free kicks.

He said it wasn't

Sorry I did a Mignolet, asleep

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

The goal stands, technically by the book. It leaves a really bitter taste though. If the shoe was on the other foot Liverpool fans would be absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

What are his stats for winning free-kicks, anyone know?

He is still setting up the wall when the whistle is blown. I'm not saying it was the wrong decision I am just saying usually refs wait until everyone is set. Would you not agree.

I would agree if it was straight after the foul was given but he had time and then the ref blew and he still had five seconds to stop before the Chelsea guys realised he could be caught off guard.

Maybe ref didn't check with him but he still should of been alert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

He said it wasn't

fyfe79 wrote: »
    What are his stats for winning free-kicks, anyone know?

He has won 23% more free kicks than the closest player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

He said it wasn't

With the benefit of replays from multiple angles.

Hazard bought the free, no doubt, but the ref had little choice if you look at it objectively.

not his fault they kick him, he would just glide past them otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Have to laugh at the way commentators keep talking about Liverpool and title races, they know that ship has sailed as much as we do but they keep trying to hype things up

I think Ander Herrera is... Ander could walk into a shop and rob it and end up getting the shop keeper arrested.

• Advertisement

all the bitter people in tonight claiming hazard bought a free kick, nothing about being shoved off the ball, which he was.

It was a fully deserved free kick, get over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a miss

Worst finish ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Oh dear.

• What a miss omg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement