Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent info on Riverchapel

Options
  • 31-01-2017 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I know people have already asked about Riverchapel but lots of the info ive seen has been a number of years old. Just wondering is there any more recent information on Riverchapel, specificlly Etchingham Heights that anyone can give me please? Thinking of moving there with three kids under the age of 6 so any info on antisocial behaviour etc as I dont know the area at all would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 YvetteGA

Hello, we are in the same shoes trying to find out more about Riverchapel. We are considering to move there too, however not finding too much info regarding crime rates in specific areas. would be nice if someone could advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I am from that area.

I grew up there and went to school there.
    You should be ok as long as you avoid anything in "Beachside" estate.
    Very bad reputation for crime etc.

A lot of my friends lived in Etchingham heights, I would have spent a lot of time there over the years, so I have a soft spot for that estate. Lovely people in there.

Over all I wouldn't live in Riverchapel now, I'd pick Ballycanew, Craanford or Ballymoney if you want to be near Gorey.

Just my opinion though, you might love it down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Reports of high crime rates in Riverchapel are exaggerated IMO. I have lived here for more than fifteen years now and have yet to see evidence of it and I would be out and about at all times of the day. That's not to say there is no crime but it is no worse than any comparable area in County Wexford and is a lot better than some. The general area of Riverchapel/Courtown/Ardamine is a tourist area and consequently has a high percentage of unoccupied residences outside the summer months which is attractive to criminal elements, there is also a high percentage of teenagers and young adults in the area for whom there is little or nothing to do in the long dark evenings. Local representatives and organisations are working hard to overcome this and hope to have the new community centre up and running in the future, funding is the main problem.
    As for Etchingham Heights, it is what it is, a Local Authority housing estate. It has calmed down a lot over the last few years but by it's nature tenants of the local authority can come and go and if the house next to you becomes vacant you could end up with neighbours from hell or the salt of the earth, it's the luck of the draw. I have had many good experiences of residents of Etchingham and the residents there are mainly settled now with a lot of them having purchased their homes. Wexford County Council however have a very poor record of reacting to complaints of anti social behaviour despite their "zero tolerance" claims.

Advertisement