Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomllo- Full HD 1080P Waterproof Adventure Camera

• 31-01-2017 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Full HD 1080P Waterproof Adventure Camera with Optional Memory Cards from 24.99

34.99 with 32gb SD included.

• Wide angle 170° lens
    • Up to 70 mins video recording at 1080p
    • Ships with a waterproof case rated up to 30m
    • Supports 1080P 30fps, 720P 60fps / 30fps, 848 x 480 60fps, 640 x 480 60fps recording
    • Photo recording function
    • Large 1.5" LCD screen
    • Supports micro-SD cards up to 32GB

hd-action-camera-01.jpg

Same camera £99 here

Are these any use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

My newphew bought the amazon one that was going for £17, its a grand little yoke, he uses it for skateboarding videos etc.

The ones with wifi give you instant gratification because you can watch the clips on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 giannidtz

I would strongly advice not to buy it... I got burned with one of those, the quality of the image is just appalling, is pixelated and shaky and if is even slightly dark you can't distinguish anything. In summary, stay away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its definitely a case of getting what you pay for. It wont be top quality. Would be better off getting a few quid together and saving for the entry level GoPro Hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Looks like a fake sj4000 which was popular 2 years ago.

http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_425434.html

I ended up with a fake when buying on aliexpress, and the picture quality was decent, but battery life was atrocious.

I'd avoid this. But I'd avoid pigsback and groupon electrics as a rule anyway. There's always a catch imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

i got one of these awhile ago off ebay for 14E delivered from china, It was off a bargin alert, i already have a couple of gopros so just bought it for the craic, and the results were absolutely shocking, it actually worse than useless, went straight into the bin, it did come with a big bag of mounts tho that i thought would be useful until the first one i picked up snapped in my hand so they go binned too,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Techmoan on YouTube has reviewed action cams and dash cams in the last year or so that would be a good starting point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

don't buy equipment on deal sites, they are cheapest chinese shiite with 50% markup, so quality is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

Like other posters too I bought one just like this from T Mart. Yellow just like this one, reduced from e69 to e23. ABSOLOUTE AND COMPLETE JUNK! It is very hard to know without reviews you can trust as a friend of mine bought a similar action cam which looked almost exactly the same and is fine but it cost E49, Andoer brand.

I entered a Paypal dispute but Paypal sided with TMart on the lines of 'what did you expect for e23?!!@' Naturally Tmart did not publish my honest review. Beware big time! I use an older sj1000 (fine) and Go Pro silver so I would know what to expect.

Advertisement