Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-in-one system + multi-room recommendations?

Options
  • 31-01-2017 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Currently looking to upgrade from an old but reliable Samsung DVD all-in-one (HT-X30) with wireless rear speakers. Our new home is a Victorian which has been made open-plan; a rough sketch here:

http://i.imgur.com/wdmM2sZ.png

(Black = walls, blue = TV location (to left of chimney), red = seating)

What do I want?

* Surround sound for movies plus the ability to stream music multi-room to the kitchen and dining areas shown at the top of the image. The only multi-room sound system I've used is Sonos. I'm wondering if I should get a Samsung surround system plus additional multiroom speakers (the cost of doing an entire surround system using Sonos speakers seems prohibitively high).

(Inputs would include multiple consoles, cable box, perhaps a media player or media PC down the line.)

* Rear speakers behind couch must be wireless.

* Soundbar vs front speakers? My TV will be to the left-hand side of a chimney breast in a unit. It seems a combination of soundbar, subwoofer and rear speakers would be easier to position than a 5.1 system.

* System can be tuned to get best possible sound in a non-regular space - as can be seen, TV will be to left of chimney breast. I'm just looking for best-possible solution given these constaints!

* User-friendly.

Would love to hear from anyone who set up a system that matches the above requirements.

P.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I would suggest a Vizio or Sony, reason is that they use Google Audio Cast, which is more open than Sonos, has multiroom ability, integrates with Google Home and offers futureproof flexibility...

I have a similar system from LG, but won't find out until the end of this month whether they intend to continue the line or cancel it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I would suggest a Vizio or Sony, reason is that they use Google Audio Cast, which is more open than Sonos, has multiroom ability, integrates with Google Home and offers futureproof flexibility...

I have a similar system from LG, but won't find out until the end of this month whether they intend to continue the line or cancel it...

Just saw this about Vizio, uhoh:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/business-blog/2017/02/what-vizio-was-doing-behind-tv-screen

P.

Advertisement