Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone issue / vodafone

Options
  • 31-01-2017 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Have a phone from vodafone iPhone 5s payg. The phone broke (would not come on or charge) a week before the warranty ran out. It was brought back to the shop and they sent it off for repair, A few weeks later go back to the shop and they give me the phone and a sheet from the repairer, just saying replacement handset, so basically a brand new phone, happy days. 2 weeks later and the new phone developed the same issue as the first, so same again few more weeks to wait and then they call me into shop and the phone has been replaced again with a new handset, forward a few weeks and, you'll never guess, yeah same thing again. is there anything I can do about this? I mean this is the third phone with the same issue. In total, been without the iPhone for approx 12 weeks in total, really getting a pain in the nether regions about it. Anybody got any advice? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Have you made sure to change out your chargers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Have you made sure to change out your chargers?

Only an original apple charger has been used and when they replace the handset it does not come in a box, its just the handset.

Only an original apple charger has been used and when they replace the handset it does not come in a box, its just the handset.

I'd stop using that and replace it.

It's still a fault if that was the issue but I suspect if you replace the charger and the phone is replaced again you'll have no more issues.

I'd stop using that and replace it.

It's still a fault if that was the issue but I suspect if you replace the charger and the phone is replaced again you'll have no more issues.

You could be right but I don't think I should be responsible for that extra cost. The original charger is in perfect condition. No visible damage nor twisting or fraying.

You could be right but I don't think I should be responsible for that extra cost. The original charger is in perfect condition. No visible damage nor twisting or fraying.

For the sake of being able to eliminate the charger I think it's a reasonable cost. If you don't think so I'd suggest returning both. Three faulty phones is extremely unlikely - there has to be an external cause here.

• Advertisement

For the sake of being able to eliminate the charger I think it's a reasonable cost. If you don't think so I'd suggest returning both. Three faulty phones is extremely unlikely - there has to be an external cause here.

I agree, it has to be either the charger or a faulty batch of phones, the former being the most likely, i wonder would they replace both?, I have asked on the ask vodafone section so am going to see what they say. having said that if the issue is with the cable, you would think they (vodafone or the repairer) might be aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Charging cable can be considered a consumable. Just buy a new one.

Advertisement