Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas appeal about forgetting to tag on

• 31-01-2017 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Basically, I left college hopped on a bus using my card, hopped off to get luas and forgot to tag on.

I had topped up this morning and use my card all the time, which is clear from the history. After reading a few posts, Luas seem very harsh on their regular customers, but I thought the fines are their to encourage those who don't or wont pay, to actual pay. Not to punish human error,,,,,any advice on what to do? Should I bother making a statement of explanation or just pay.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

dayna2010 wrote: »
    Basically, I left college hopped on a bus using my card, hopped off to get luas and forgot to tag on.

I had topped up this morning and use my card all the time, which is clear from the history. After reading a few posts, Luas seem very harsh on their regular customers, but I thought the fines are their to encourage those who don't or wont pay, to actual pay. Not to punish human error,,,,,any advice on what to do? Should I bother making a statement of explanation or just pay.....

Were you actually caught not paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dayna2010

clairek6 wrote: »
    Were you actually caught not paying?

Hey, sorry should have been clearer! So yes the ticket guy came on and I genuinely didn't think twice, when he said it to me I then died a little inside!!! He said to make a statement of reson or whatever its called, but I wasn't tagged on, but very evident I always top up, always tag on and always use the card! It's clear it was a mistake! I was given a fine of 45 Euro 😒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Yawn,
    You forgot, you are at fault. Pay the fine and learn a lesson.
    Every other week somebody posts these type of questions here and all with the same result

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement