Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best email app?

• 31-01-2017 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭

Something I've asked before but wondering what people think?

- Outlook (works great but sometimes messages just don't send and don't go into any outbox / drafts / sent folder - they just disappear). Thought it was related to my work email server but no one else at all has reported the same issue (although most of them use iOS)

- Cloudmagic / now Newton - I love this but cannot justify the fee especially if they want it again every year (even the regular half price promotions are too much). Everything just works and has some features such as signatures that work very well.

- stock Xiaomi / OnePlus / Samsung options - just don't have the same features

Anyone recommend anything similar to Cloudmagic? Even a one off fee is ok but 50€ a year is having a laugh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You can add exchange accounts to Gmail now. That's what I'd be using.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I use BlueMail. Have my outlook and college email set up in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭nedd

I use Nine Mail for Exchange. Great functionality and constantly updated. Allows you to set password on app only and not entire device. It costs a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Another vote for Blue Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The inbox app by Google is the best I've ever used. Would involve an exchange account for Gmail.

But inbox is fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thanks for the replies, trying Nine now and will try out Blue before I have to pay for Nine too.

Never liked Gmail for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Check out SolMail.

Easy to use, multiple accounts possible and just nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I've started using vmware boxer, I tried a few after cloudmagic went newton but nothing really that I liked.

One thing I found out is that some email apps are quite dodgy, they have access to and site your emails on their servers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Have a look at K9 Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

nedd wrote: »
    I use Nine Mail for Exchange. Great functionality and constantly updated. Allows you to set password on app only and not entire device. It costs a tenner.

Yep would strongly vote for 9Folders too.. fantastic app and way ahead of the Microsoft Outlook app. Well developed and always new features being added. Only downside is that it won't do POP/IMAP but for anything Exchange/Hotmail etc its perfect. Best tenner I've ever spent on an app.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thank you for all the suggestions - I've tried all of the above.

Favourite is 9 Mail - the only issue I have is that I tend to switch phones a lot - it doesn't seem to be easy to transfer over the licence (you need to send an email). I have no issue with paying for it other than this.

Second favourite is Blue Mail - only issue with this is that it doesn't seem to have a calendar? It syncs my calendar but it opens in the Xiaomi Calendar app which I don't like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭SparrowHawk

Favourite is 9 Mail - the only issue I have is that I tend to switch phones a lot - it doesn't seem to be easy to transfer over the licence (you need to send an email). I have no issue with paying for it other than this.

I've used nine for over a year. Have installed / reinstalled on several phones riding that time (one at a time). Never had to send a mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

I've replaced Gmail & outook apps with Alto...best I've tried so far...

www.altomail.com

Advertisement