Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need a job but suffer with anxiety

• 31-01-2017 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hello can anyone that suffers with anxiety tell me were is the best place to look for work i know for a fact i cant work in a shop as dealing with people face to face scares me and ive worked in retail before and had to leave due to this id be sick to my stomach going in everyday, ive tried a receptionist it was the same story i am now at my wits end i am sitting in a tiny apartment everyday by myself while my boyfriend works we are just about scraping by i am sick of having no money to do anything and i really want to work but i dont know what job would suit someone who cant face dealing with the general public, any help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

Hi there have you thought about a position in a storeroom or shelf stacking at night? Apologies as I've no idea what level of position you are looking for. There are plenty of jobs that do not involve facing the public, data entry clerk, gardener, babysitter etc. Hopefully you find something soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

Operations department in a bank or large corporation is good. My first 3 years of my career were spent at a pc, headphones in, crunching away at data processing. Expanded and took on more responsibility since then, but I know guys who stayed doing the same stuff for 20+ years. You build friendships as well if you want with others who are crunching through the same stuff.

Requirements for this type of job. Computer skills (basic enough), ability to follow a step by step process doc, communication skills (enough so that you can be trained up), some vague interest in the industry, attention to detail and finally ability to know when to escalate to mgmt when things don't go well. I think the wages are still between 28-33k (not sure what bandwidth you're looking for).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Have you tried to get help for your social anxiety? Isolating yourself will only make you feel worse. Id recommend books on CBT if therapy isnt an option for you right now.

In regards to work could you do something like bookkeeping? You could do an online course in it.

Advertisement