Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Compliant Land Registry Map

• 31-01-2017 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I am in the process of trying to purchase an apartment and a query has come back from my surveyor as regards the land registry maps.

He has said that they look like they are not compliant with the guidelines set out by the PRAI.

He has given a few pointers of what is wrong such as it should be on A3, no coordinates on the floor plan etc. But to me it looks like they are quite sparse and reading the guidelines it looks like they are pretty lacking.

I have asked my solicitor to make the vendor stand over the cost of having them altered if the PRAI come back with queries but I seem to be having a hard time trying to settle it.

I first was asked to go to my surveyor for the specific issues, he provided some but said he would have to charge to do a detailed check (which is fair enough). I provided the answers and it just seems to be a constant over and back.

Has anyone had success in a similar situation? As I don't want to go through the process if purchasing the apartment only to find a big bill a couple of months down the line because of some crappy maps. Ideally id like them to just stand over the cost and I can continue the purchase, I don't want them to get the bottle of tipp-ex out and make them slightly better to shut me up.

It also makes me wonder how an architect would produce land registry maps which are not compliant which seems to be the case here. Even though they were only produced a few weeks ago.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I had awful issues with my purchase. Just figured out there I won't be able to solve it for another 19 years if that.

If you're getting the run around from the vendors side, that's unlikely to change. Be guided by your solicitor.

Advertisement