Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux Mint 18.1

Options
  • 31-01-2017 9:45pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Running it in a VM on my Fedora machine. I like that it seems somewhat more responsive than I originally thought. Has anyone else used it yet? I may run it as my next main OS, since I previously ported from Mint 17.3 to Fedora 23, then the upgrade right through to 25.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

Have been using linux since ubuntu 14.04, switching to mint shortly after. I did this as an option to windows 7, (don't mention vista). Now I am strictly a home/family user, with no special requirements.
    Anyway due to some dumpster diving I acquired some aging pcs, withous os, to play with, which meant a free os was ideal. Now I liked windows 7, but updating and niggly problems became a pain, so I dual booted my home pc and put mint on the others.
    I use chrome for internet and kodi for entertainment and fount that I never actually bothered to boot into windows after a while.
    Put simply, if your main requirements is internet/movies/and occasional word processing then I would say it is ideal, requiring very little attention overall.
    Part of the joy of linux is if you break it you can fix it, if you break windows it will break you.
    I've totally abandoned windows now and my old 7 was upgraded to 10 for free and now resides on a self built gaming pc for my son. For gaming, windows is the preferred option it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

What's Fedora not doing for you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

limnam wrote: »
    What's Fedora not doing for you?

It's doing what I want, I just want to go back to mint. I'm not running all that much on my machine in terms of Servers and what not.

Advertisement