Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to check who owns a house that is for sale

Options
  • 31-01-2017 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

How can I check who owns a house that is for sale.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Land registry / PRAI

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

kala85 wrote: »
    How can I check who owns a house that is for sale.

https://www.landdirect.ie/index.html

Proceed as a guest and a small fee will allow you to pay for the folio showing the last owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Thanks. Is there a record kept of the searches.

Also can you see the previous owners of the property.

Would there be any reason that property would be sold or changed on the land registrar but it wasn't on the property price register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Inheritance for starters

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

PPR entries come from stamp duty returns. No stamp duty, no PPR entry.

Divorce/separation is another case, I think. Check Revenue site for guidance.

• Advertisement

Could someone have a property or piece of land registered to an alias.

Looking at a property and it's registered to an unusual name care of a solicitor.
    Seems to be very unusual.

What could be going on ??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

kala85 wrote: »
    Looking at a property and it's registered to an unusual name care of a solicitor.
    Seems to be very unusual.

What could be going on ??
    Two things that I can think of; screwing the wife out of the house from an upcoming divorce, or someone with found out that they're getting some disease such as dementia (which they'll no longer be of sound mind to sell at a later time) and have no living relative that they trust.

the_syco wrote: »
    Two things that I can think of; screwing the wife out of the house from an upcoming divorce, or someone with found out that they're getting some disease such as dementia (which they'll no longer be of sound mind to sell at a later time) and have no living relative that they trust.

Could they be trying to hide the property from revenue or government or stop a bank claiming it from them.

How can that property ever be sold. Would there be problems with insurance and insuring the property.

Advertisement