Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest alternative facts request for KVA1_E01

Options
  • 31-01-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Hi Eir,
    back in early December Pamela suggested that KVA1_E01 would be ready for order by now. Obviously, (through no direct fault of the eir reps on boards.ie) this is another of "Eir's alternative Facts"*

Can you provide me with the latest non guaranteed estimate of when this exchange will be enabled

Thanks in advance
    IrishGrover

PS: Unfortunately I now have a real problem as I stupidly switched to Eir to allow my child to avail of the Eir Study hub. Needless to say my connection went from 12 megs to '0.7 megs and I can't stream 10kb email, never mind an educational video. Obviously this is not your problem as you make no guarantee of service provision.

ALTERNATIVE FACTS FROM EIR REPS ON BOARDS

In October 2016 Pamela said November/ December 2016 (6 weeks)
    In December 2016 Pamela said Janurary 2017 (6 weeks)
    In August 2016 Ciara said no estimated timeframe (unknown)
    In July 2016 Pamela said winter 2016/January 2017 (6 months)
    In May 2016 Pamela said summer 2016 (6 weeks)
    In Feb 2016 Alan said by August 2016 (6 months)
    In Jan 2016 Alan said Feb 2016 (6 weeks)
    In Aug 2016 Alan said Jan-March 2016 (6 months)

ALTERNATIVE FACTS FROM EIR WEBSITE
    In Q1 2015 it listed go live as Q2 2015
    In Q2 and Q3 of 2015 it listed go live as Q4 of 2015
    In early Q4 of 2015 is listed go live as "Within a Year"
    In mid Q4 it listed go live as "Within 6 weeks"
    In Late  of 2015 Q4 it went back listed go live of "Within a year"
    In early Q1 of 2016 it went to "Within 6 weeks"
    In mid Q1 of 2016 it went back to listed go live of "Within a year"
    In late Q1 of 2016  it went back to "Within 6 weeks"

Eir's alternative Facts"* - Knowing falsehoods (fancy word for lies) told by Eir staff to customers in order to convince then to sign up to contracts for faster services that will not be provided within the timelines advised.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Can you provide me with the latest non guaranteed estimate of when this exchange will be enabled
    Why keep asking?

They dont know. They wont know. Its OpenEirs prerogative and they have to follow RAP guidelines. 90 days before it goes live they'll inform all operators (including Eir) and the website will be reflected to indicate its going live on "X".

Just watch fibrerollout.ie. It knows as much if not more than the reps. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

ED E wrote: »

Why keep asking?

They dont know. They wont know. Its OpenEirs prerogative and they have to follow RAP guidelines. 90 days before it goes live they'll inform all operators (including Eir) and the website will be reflected to indicate its going live on "X".

Just watch fibrerollout.ie. It knows as much if not more than the reps. 
    they'll know 6 weeks before it's available......, they'll know when they can take orders....they will know that before me and can share that information with me. This is why I keep asking.
    Thanks for your interest and advice :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Eir,
    back in early December Pamela suggested that KVA1_E01 would be ready for order by now. Obviously, (through no direct fault of the eir reps on boards.ie) this is another of "Eir's alternative Facts"*

Thanks in advance
    IrishGrover

PS: Unfortunately I now have a real problem as I stupidly switched to Eir to allow my child to avail of the Eir Study hub. Needless to say my connection went from 12 megs to '0.7 megs and I can't stream 10kb email, never mind an educational video. Obviously this is not your problem as you make no guarantee of service provision.

Eir's alternative Facts"* - Knowing falsehoods (fancy word for lies) told by Eir staff to customers in order to convince then to sign up to contracts for faster services that will not be provided within the timelines advised.
    Hi  irishgrover,

Thanks for getting in touch. These dates are estimated and are not guaranteed I'm afraid. I have checked this and the estimated timeframe for deployment is 3-6 months.

Thanks,
    Pamela

Hi Eir,

Thanks in advance
    IrishGrover

Hi  irishgrover,

Thanks for getting in touch. These dates are estimated and are not guaranteed I'm afraid. I have checked this and the estimated timeframe for deployment is 3-6 months.

Thanks,
    Pamela
    thanks Pamela,
    just one more question - is this for the FTTC or FTTH - my query was for FTTC, which I should have made clearer in the original query..

Hi Eir,

Thanks in advance
    IrishGrover

Hi  irishgrover,

Thanks,
    Pamela
    thanks Pamela,
    just one more question - is this for the FTTC or FTTH - my query was for FTTC, which I should have made clearer in the original query..
    It's FTTC  irishgrover, the completion work is currently in progress on this cabinet.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

thanks Pamela,
    It's FTTC  irishgrover, the completion work is currently in progress on this cabinet.

-Pamela 
    Thanks Pamela,
    I'll check in again in a few months, in the meantime, enjoy Spring :-)

thanks Pamela,

-Pamela 
    Thanks Pamela,
    I'll check in again in a few months, in the meantime, enjoy Spring :-)
    No problem  irishgrover, the same to you :D

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AxelK

FYI: KVA1_E01 is now on FTTC and I can notice the improvement already - thank god. FTTH next, can't wait :D

Advertisement