Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerted effort by poster and mods to shut down discussion

Options
  • 31-01-2017 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭

Dear darkpagandeath,

You have been infracted for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Stheno

Moderator Note

If you want to participate in the forum, then contribute. Continued deflection and repetitive posting is against the charter. Improve the standard of your posts or consider a ban, You are adding nothing to the discussion

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darkpagandeath View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jobbridge4life View Post
    Over Donald J Trump, I'd have voted for a molting pumpkin (maybe I should be relieved as that is what we've ended up with anyway).

Would you have voted for DJT? OR is there another reason you have decided to dedicate hours of your life deflecting/defending for him here?
    I can work and be on the web wonderful age we live in. Nice dodge would you have voted for Hillary knowing the woman. Lot's of dodgy dealings.
    You have received a warning
    Dear darkpagandeath,

You have been warned for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

Quin_Dub

Moderator Note

You're just trolling now - Your last several posts have added absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Little CuChulainn View Post
    Actually I was in favour of both the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    I'm sure no one died either...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057692100

People are deliberately trying to bate poster, And then mashing the report button. And I am saddened the Mods are actually shutting down the debate.

jobbridge4life
    Little CuChulainn

And iterations of sock puppet accounts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

posting in the cafe

Hiya

You are dangerously close to recieveing a ban in the cafe for repetitive posting, whataboutery, and trolling.

Start contributing positively regardless of your opinion or you are facing a ban. You've already had two sanctions today, up the standard of your posting , or those privileges will be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you attempted to discuss with the mod in question?

I feel there is little point, I am asking for more of a review of the thread and the concerted baiting from posters. Who have not received any sanctions.

That review is not going to happen here in this forum, as that is not its purpose. The purpose of this forum is to review the action YOU received. Do you wish to appeal it?

Yes I wish to appeal the accusations of trolling.

• Advertisement

Cool - please start by taking the first step in the process which is to attempt to resolve matters with the mod. In parallel, I will also notify the CMods.

I would rather not, Being followed around Threads now. Using any Excuse now to hand me out a ban.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Please note that this appeal will not proceed until you have undertaken the first step as outlined by dudara.

You have been banned
    Dear darkpagandeath,

You have been banned from Politics Cafe for one day for Trolling.

We don't want that here.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Stheno

Moderator Note

You are still trolling across multiple threads despite yesterdays warning and infraction. You have now been given a one day ban, please use the time to consider your posting style.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tobsey View Post
    I have never said the bubble caused the crash. The crash was caused by international factors, predominantly the sub-prime crash in the US. However our bubble economy that had no solid foundations caused us to have one of the worst crashes in the developed world at the time. Our exchequer revenue dropped by 40% purely because FF had built it's revenue streams with all the stability of a house of cards.

GDP is not the only measure of growth. That 26% is an anomoly. Tax takes have increased without any increase in taxation levels. That is a true sign of growth in the economy.

You present cherry picked facts and then don't accept others.
    LInk...

Getting beyond ridiculous poster makes up lies Ask for link And I'm banned ?? I have been attacked across multiple threads now. Seems more like Bullying than anything else. If I was a Troll do you think my post count would not generate a ridiculous amount of infractions ? I have been called names and Like slimy.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lukker- View Post
    No response to Bannon being put on the NSC while the Joint Chiefs have their roles signifacantly limited on top of Bannon destroying paper trails from NSC meetings, so that even the chief of staff can't get minutes/memo about what the meeting was about?

Even Dick Cheney, who was probably the most powerful advisor in the last 40 years; infleunce pales in comparison to what Bannon has managed to place himself after 2 weeks.

As Bannon himself eleqountely put it.

"Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power"
    Mod: Just as an fyi the user you are responding to is on a one day ban from the cafe, so unlikely to reply to you in that time.

What has my Ban got to do with other posters ?

• Advertisement

Can you please attempt to contact the mod as requested? This process cannot move forward until you do so.

I have they have seen this thread.

Please let us know when they respond

Quote:
    Originally Posted by darkpagandeath
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quin_Dub
    Dear darkpagandeath,

You have been warned for Trolling.

We don't want that here.

Quin_Dub

Moderator Note

You're just trolling now - Your last several posts have added absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Little CuChulainn View Post
    Actually I was in favour of both the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    I'm sure no one died either...
    I would like to appeal
    Fair enough - You'll have to go through the DRP process.

As it stands , I'm happy to stand over the card as is.
    Re: You have received an infraction
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stheno
    Dear darkpagandeath,

You have been infracted for Trolling.

We don't want that here.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Stheno

Moderator Note

If you want to participate in the forum, then contribute. Continued deflection and repetitive posting is against the charter. Improve the standard of your posts or consider a ban, You are adding nothing to the discussion

Your post:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jobbridge4life View Post
    Over Donald J Trump, I'd have voted for a molting pumpkin (maybe I should be relieved as that is what we've ended up with anyway).

Would you have voted for DJT? OR is there another reason you have decided to dedicate hours of your life deflecting/defending for him here?
    I can work and be on the web wonderful age we live in. Nice dodge would you have voted for Hillary knowing the woman. Lot's of dodgy dealings.
    I would like to appeal
    I don't see any reason for me to reverse the infraction, I see you've a thread in DRP, I'd advise you to appeal there.
    Re: You have been banned
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stheno
    Dear darkpagandeath,

You have been banned from Politics Cafe for one day for Trolling.

We don't want that here.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Stheno

Moderator Note

You are still trolling across multiple threads despite yesterdays warning and infraction. You have now been given a one day ban, please use the time to consider your posting style.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tobsey View Post
    I have never said the bubble caused the crash. The crash was caused by international factors, predominantly the sub-prime crash in the US. However our bubble economy that had no solid foundations caused us to have one of the worst crashes in the developed world at the time. Our exchequer revenue dropped by 40% purely because FF had built it's revenue streams with all the stability of a house of cards.

GDP is not the only measure of growth. That 26% is an anomoly. Tax takes have increased without any increase in taxation levels. That is a true sign of growth in the economy.

You present cherry picked facts and then don't accept others.
    LInk...

This is ridiculous. Asking him to link his claim ??
    I used that post to issue the ban. The ban is for trolling across multiple threads in the cafe, the Trump thread, the FG thread etc. You have not listened to the cards you were given yesterday. I also checked with the other mods before issuing the ban, and they were in agreement.

As I said in my last message to you, you can appeal it in DRP.

what I have received

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I have they have seen this thread.

Ok. This is our last time to tell you to follow the process.
    You've posted the PM's you've received for THREE (3) different mod actions.

Engage with the mods to talk about the cards and if after that discussion you still need to request cmod review then come back here.

Failure to do so will just result in this thread being marked as resolved and closed with NO further discussion.

Also indicate which of the 3 cards specifically you want to discuss here, one thread per card.

Just close this unnecessarily bureaucratic. Thanks for the help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement