Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New vaping regulations.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

eireboi83 wrote: »
    I did hear drippers and box mods guzzle it up.Still on starter pens but going to upgrade to joytech aio box mod soon.cheap vape pens give little flavour and prone to leaks etc.Just joking with you mate.

Skip the AiO and get a proper mod and tank if you want flavor :) I only mentioned the juice consumption as it can come as a big shock when you start blowing through a bottle lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eireboi83

Venom wrote: »
    I did hear drippers and box mods guzzle it up.Still on starter pens but going to upgrade to joytech aio box mod soon.cheap vape pens give little flavour and prone to leaks etc.Just joking with you mate.

Skip the AiO and get a proper mod and tank if you want flavor :) I only mentioned the juice consumption as it can come as a big shock when you start blowing through a bottle lol.
    I hear good reviews bout the ego aio and box version.have a pal who uses the ego one and loves it.We are just starting out and they have come highly recommended.Would you say different?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

eireboi83 wrote:
    I hear good reviews bout the ego aio and box version.have a pal who uses the ego one and loves it.We are just starting out and they have come highly recommended.Would you say different?

I'd say they are a very good next step on from the vape pens . If you decide afterwards you want to get into the more advanced stuff then you can still do that . If it's staying off the fags you are after then it's probably best to take it step by step .

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eireboi83

jonski wrote: »
    eireboi83 wrote:

I'd say they are a very good next step on from the vape pens . If you decide afterwards you want to get into the more advanced stuff then you can still do that . If it's staying off the fags you are after then it's probably best to take it step by step .
    Would I get more flavour from dearer ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Ordered 1 litre of nic,pg and vg .waiting for email with tracking number and dispatch confirmation.Totalled at 53 euro inc.taxes and delivery.I'm happy with that.Going to break it up into 4 x250ml bottles and freeze three.Nor sure if it degrades the fluids.but I know once you freeze the expiry date doesn't matter same as freezing food items.Thanks dipstick for ur assistance.very much appreciated pal.

That should keep you going for quite awhile,I put my Nic in amber glass 50ml bottles http://www.unicornaroma.ie/bottles-and-jars/211-amber-bottles.html you need to buy the caps as well.I heard over the weekend that a friend of a friend actually had Nic stored in a freezer for 5 years & there was no degrading in the strength of the Nic,he said it was as fresh as the day he stored it,I know my friend is genuine but I don't know hi mate...
    Darkstar uses DPD & they have an excellent tracking system which you will get shortly by email.
    Mine was delivered & signed for by PM on Wed,got the PM email on Fri to say my package is in their Dublin depot.
    This morning I got an email & text to say that my package is ready for collection at my PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

That nic will easily last you a year. Not bad for the price of 5 packs of smokes

I'd say stick with whatever mod you're comfortable with. The flavour chase never really ends there is always a more powerful mod with better flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭chrisire

[QUOTE=youdipstick;102488282
    Or you could buy a litre of pre-mixed VG/PG/Nic at different strengths of Nic,the base is 55VG/35PG.I have tried a litre of the 6mg & it is very good stuff http://www.vapebase.de/Vape-Bases/VGPG-Vape-Bases/55/35/10-Vape-Bases:::2_4_21.html

.[/QUOTE]

Hi if i put this into 30 ml bottles how much flavour would i need to add?thanks

That link is dead, but I don't think you can have a 55VG/35VG. That's 90 over all. I would strongly recommend against pre-mixed bases. It takes away from all the flexibility and the maths is way more awkward.

Buy everything separate and use this link and you CANNOT go wrong.

http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

The only thing to be aware of, under the "Recipe" section on the right hand side, the PG should actually be (ml of PG - ml of flavour)

Basically, if you want a 50/50 ratio of PG/VG, VG will ALWAYS be exactly half of the total amount. The PG amount includes nicotine, flavourings and PG which should total to the other half.

DIY mixing will still be cheap as chips even after the regulations kick in,as long as you buy your Nicotine between now & May,I would suggest buying it now,buy at least 250ml at 7.2% at Darkstar (250ml should last you approx a year or 2 roughly,depends how you vape) http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/72mg-nicotine & buy your PG/VG as well http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/pg-vg or buy your PG/VG already mixed of your choice 70/30 or 85/15 or 60/40 VG/PG
    http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/base-mix/base-mix

Or you could buy a litre of pre-mixed VG/PG/Nic at different strengths of Nic,the base is 55VG/35PG.I have tried a litre of the 6mg & it is very good stuff http://www.vapebase.de/Vape-Bases/VGPG-Vape-Bases/55/35/10-Vape-Bases:::2_4_21.html

There's a way around the postage,we use Parcel Motel,I use it for Darkstar or any other UK Vendors.

Here is that link chipfox...

Chrisire,you want to know how much flavour you need to make a 30ml bottle,I did the mix at 15% which gave me 6mg,for a 30ml bottle,add 5ml of flavouring...

thanks, dunno why i couldn't see it earlier. is the 10 supposed to be nic? so it's 55/45 vg/pg giving around 5-6% for flavour for a 50/50 mix (give or take)

• Advertisement

chipfox wrote: »
    thanks, dunno why i couldn't see it earlier. is the 10 supposed to be nic? so it's 55/45 vg/pg giving around 5-6% for flavour for a 50/50 mix (give or take)

The nic is the 10,they seem to be very accurate with their nic,6mg & 24mg was giving me true hits.
    Their pg/vg ratio figures are strange to us but it works good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Vapely wrote: »
    They're extremely counter productive. The act of limiting bottle sizes to 10ml when we saw the complete opposite for 10 packs of cigarettes is baffling.

Restrictions on advertising make sense (although obviously frustrating from a vendor's perspective). Lab testing is also very welcome, it benefits everyone but it's quite expensive.

From the wholesalers we use that do have TPD compliant liquids on the way, the prices seem to be slightly more expensive but thankfully nothing drastic (yet). Remains to be seen if vendors will absorb this cost or pass it on to the consumer, we're optimistic they won't raise significantly. If, like me, you're used to paying €10+ a day on cigarettes you can probably live with a couple euro increase for a 10 day supply. We're optimistic that the price for ordering 3x10ml bottles will remain close to what you pay for a single 30ml bottle today.

The real loss here will be the many smaller manufacturers who can't pivot to satisfy the new rules, along with the US manufacturers who will be far too busy adjusting to their own overbearing regulations and either shut down entirely, or simply don't have the resources or interest in simultaneously preparing for EU legislation.

It's sad but we're hopeful the indiustry will pull through and continue to attract more and more vapers.

While I agree with your points, who is the 'we' you are referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

was.deevey wrote: »
    If you've been vaping at a DIY cost of about 1 euro per day for the past few years though its a HUGE hit - 25-30ml is about what I go through in 12 hours.

Thats whats happened with all the high VG nonsense and vaping at a million watts.

I vape 70% PG and at 9.2 watts generally. I vape about 7ml a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Thats whats happened with all the high VG nonsense and vaping at a million watts.

I vape 70% PG and at 9.2 watts generally. I vape about 7ml a day.

Why is it nonsense?
    Different strokes and all that!
    I vape 70℅ VG @ about 40 watts and wouldn't go through much more juice than yourself.
    You must have it constantly stuck in your gob to go through that much juice at such low wattage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

For the record to get through 25ml of juice: 
    I vape @ 180º or around 50 watts, 80% VG juice @ 2mg (DIY) dual coil .25ohm RDA ... 1ml lasts for about 20 generous puffs.
    On the computer at home for around 10 hours a day so do have it stuck in my gob quite alot  ;) 
    The high VG has a much much smoother flavour.

That's mad I'd vape at roughly the same temp/watts/ohms and I couldn't get through more than 10 a day and I never have it out of my hand. Although I'm at 5mg so maybe we vape the exact same amount ha

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Vapely

J Mysterio wrote: »
    While I agree with your points, who is the 'we' you are referring to?

Hi Mysterio, while I'd hope all vendors will take a similar approach, the we I refer to is Vapely. Obviously different vendors will use different wholesalers, and I can only speak in terms of the new pricing that our wholesalers have given us but for now, it looks like a ~10% increase in wholesale pricing. For all I know, other vendors are seeing a higher increase than that and you may see higher prices as a result. Hope that clarifies!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bINNIe23

Hi All,

Im having mom's send over 8x bottles of various 30ml and 60ml e-juice (all 3nic). My question is, with the news laws in place, will there be any problems getting this past customs? In short, will i be able to receive my package no problems?

I was going to have my family bring them along on their carry on luggage (theres 9 family members coming) ....was under the impression they would each be able to carry up to 100ml (as long as it was contained in a ziplock bag?) ....but Mom's kinda freaked out and worried airport security would take them all aside for a strip search and waterboard interrogation or something! ;-P They are all coming over with NO check-in (arghhhhhh!)

Any help any of yous can provide will be much appreciated!

Thanks a mill,
    BinniE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

bINNIe23 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Im having mom's send over 8x bottles of various 30ml and 60ml e-juice (all 3nic). My question is, with the news laws in place, will there be any problems getting this past customs? In short, will i be able to receive my package no problems?

I was going to have my family bring them along on their carry on luggage (theres 9 family members coming) ....was under the impression they would each be able to carry up to 100ml (as long as it was contained in a ziplock bag?) ....but Mom's kinda freaked out and worried airport security would take them all aside for a strip search and waterboard interrogation or something! ;-P They are all coming over with NO check-in (arghhhhhh!)

Any help any of yous can provide will be much appreciated!

Thanks a mill,
    BinniE

I think I read a post here recently that somebody ordered juice from the US and had to pay tobacco duty/excise/whatever it's called.

Advertisement