Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone HDMI Cable

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I believe your TV will need to support MHL .....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_High-Definition_Link

This technology does work, I have an AV receiver and the HDMI port on the front supports MHL but I don't have an iPhone.

However....... over the years I have seen Chinese cables and adapters for sale on eBay that claim to connect anything to anything, even convert SCART to HDMI in an unpowered adapter so 'caveat emptor' is the order of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there anyway to find out if my TV supports it?. I've a standard 1080p HD Toshiba.

And, with the link I posted I wouldn't need an adapter for that considering it's got a HDMI end and a iPhone USB end (I presume it's probably a straight forward yes but just asking incase)

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there anyway to find out if my TV supports it?. I've a standard 1080p HD Toshiba.

Check the manual, or go to the Toshiba UK website and search for the model no., it will be on a label on the back of the TV.
    ItsHoggie wrote: »
    And, with the link I posted I wouldn't need an adapter for that considering it's got a HDMI end and a iPhone USB end (I presume it's probably a straight forward yes but just asking incase)

It appears to be Lightning to HDMI to USB - there are two cables going into the HDMI plug which is the centre of a 'Y' configuration so physically it will connect the iPhone to a HDMI socket. Whether it works is another story.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Cheers man!

The USB connector may be for power - there's no power out from a HDMI port so to watch a long Youtube or Netflix movie off the iPhone you'd probably need external power to stop the phone battery running out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement