Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon query

Options
  • 31-01-2017 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

I purchased a booking deal off Groupon this evening. It was one of those deals where you book the dates through the website. I checked the availability first, clicked on the date, then clicked on "see deal" which brought me to the deal page. I then purchased it, received my voucher by email and then went to reserve the actual dates. However, I then noticed that the dates weren't actually available- they are actually blackout dates. This is seriously annoying given that clicking on the dates initially brought me to the deal to purchase. Incidentally, it turns out that the hotel is only available for two dates from now to April- none of which suit me.

Reading up on the Groupon refund policy on the particular deal it states that "No modification or cancellation allowed after booking confirmation. Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable to another destination once confirmed." I've also noticed that there are two types of getaways on Groupon.
    One of these is "voucher deals" where you book directly through the merchant. You're entitled to seven days change of mind and refund.
    However, it states that "booking deals" like the one above whereby you reserve through Groupon are unrefundable.
    Given that I didn't actually "book" a date, would I be eligible for a refund? I'm particularly frustrated because clicking on my desired date brought me to purchase the deal, and then stated the day was unavailable once I purchased.
    I have emailed Groupon but I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this before?:(

Comments

Advertisement