Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wondering which testing category to apply for

• 31-01-2017 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

Hi,
    I am about to apply for both a motorcycle practical test and a third learner licence. I have a 250 cc Yamaha Majesty scooter.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to whether I should apply for the A Category Test or the A2? I imagine both will allow me to drive my scooter. I don't really plan on going much higher in engine capacity than 400 or so, but maybe it would be better to keep my options open ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi,
    I am about to apply for both a motorcycle practical test and a third learner licence. I have a 250 cc Yamaha Majesty scooter.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to whether I should apply for the A Category Test or the A2? I imagine both will allow me to drive my scooter. I don't really plan on going much higher in engine capacity than 400 or so, but maybe it would be better to keep my options open ?

Thanks in advance

Get the A, it'll give you more options. It's not like the A2 test is cheaper and unless you want to be restricted to auto you'd need to hire a bike for the test anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

Thanks very much; I'll go with the A so.

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Go with the A, if your going to go to the effort of doing the test don't leave the chance that you will regret the choice in 5 years and have to sit it again

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

Go with the A, if your going to go to the effort of doing the test don't leave the chance that you will regret the choice in 5 years and have to sit it again

Thanks a million, guys. Looks like it's category A for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

Del2005 wrote: »
    Get the A, it'll give you more options. It's not like the A2 test is cheaper and unless you want to be restricted to auto you'd need to hire a bike for the test anyway.

I don't think you can do a test on a 250cc any more so the OP would have to hire a bike anyway wouldn't s/he? I could be wrong, but i thought each test category has a minimum size bike for the test now?

• Advertisement
Advertisement