Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap everyday perfume?

Options
  • 31-01-2017 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

As the title says... any recommendations for some everyday perfume that's nice and won't break the bank?
    Don't mind if it's a copy of an original, just something nice to wear for work so I can save the good stuff for weekends x :)
    TIA all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Estiara Miss Cute, its a copy of Coco Chanel, Ghost do some nice cheap perfumes and I really like Lady Gaga's perfume Fame. River Island do some nice ones for like 12 euro too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Please don't. Cheap perfume smell cheap. Try go just a little bit higher, maybe try get something in boots with points or something on sale. But the really cheap ones and the copycat ones tend to have a really cheap sorta tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Penny's perfumes are very good. I got the new York one, the amount of complements I have cotton about it! Plus its a massive bottle, not sure if they are still on sale cause I bought 2 last august, but have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Turtle_ wrote: »
    Please don't. Cheap perfume smell cheap. Try go just a little bit higher, maybe try get something in boots with points or something on sale. But the really cheap ones and the copycat ones tend to have a really cheap sorta tone.

Expensive perfumes smell cheap, as a lot of it is marketing. There are some excellent perfumes, that smell good as the production companies aren't blowing millions on advertising

Unless you are buying Chanel or a handful of other luxury brands, your not so cheap perfume is just expensive due to marketing and not quality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I really rate the body shop perfumes, especially if you like floral fragrances!

Body sprays are another alternative to consider, I got a ten baker one for Christmas which is quite nice and I leave in work to freshen up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Zara perfumes are well priced, the packaging looks more expensive than what it is and they smell pretty good. I don't own any myself (I'm trying to get through the stock of perfumes I currently have) so I can't comment on the longevity of the scent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I really like Victoria beckhams perfume and would wear it a lot. Would be a fan of the Victoria secrets body spray too if I'm just having a lazy day at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I'm currently wearing Burberry Body Eau Tendre for work - I picked up the set in TK Maxx for 35e - they have some really good value in there! Its nice and non offensive.

Zara has a nice selection of perfumes but don't find them very long lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Are you in or near Dublin? There's a place in the Jervis Centre called Equivalenza that does reasonably priced perfumes that smell like designer/more expensive stuff. If you tell them what perfumes you like, they'll point you in the right direction. I think it's about €14 for a 50ml bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Just bought a bottle of Ted Baker body spray in Boots today for 10 euro, its really nice, subtle and quite long lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

What about the ones they sell in Lloyds....can't think of the "name" as such but they are like a rip off of more expensive brands? Think they are around a fiver or so....

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Are you in or near Dublin? There's a place in the Jervis Centre called Equivalenza that does reasonably priced perfumes that smell like designer/more expensive stuff. If you tell them what perfumes you like, they'll point you in the right direction. I think it's about €14 for a 50ml bottle.

Was up on their FB page the other day, they've closed :( they're still in Donaghmede though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

was in & other stories today on grafton street and took some samples of their perfumes - some really nice different scents I thought. Worth a punt !

Was up on their FB page the other day, they've closed :( they're still in Donaghmede though

Ah no way! That's such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

Okay I've worn this for years as my everyday perfume and EVERY time I've worn it around someone new they've complimented it... and been absolutely SHOCKED when I've told them the perfume.

Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. A guy who worked in perfume once told me the notes in it are very similar to the Dior Hypnotic Poisoning which I also adore so.. go figure. Try it it's fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Who notices all this perfume stuff?

Most of the time it is overpowering.

But I suppose on a date night it might work LOL. Same applies to men scents. BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Okay I've worn this for years as my everyday perfume and EVERY time I've worn it around someone new they've complimented it... and been absolutely SHOCKED when I've told them the perfume.

Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. A guy who worked in perfume once told me the notes in it are very similar to the Dior Hypnotic Poisoning which I also adore so.. go figure. Try it it's fab!

OP here, thanks for all the replies! :)
    JellieBabie, is this it?...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

twirlagig wrote: »
    OP here, thanks for all the replies! :)
    JellieBabie, is this it?...

That's the one!

I wear that too! Haha! Love it, it's so sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have the original one, in the pink bottle!!! I adored that when I was in my late teens early 20s

I purchased it today despite there being no tester available. Opened it and sprayed it on and I was definitely a bit iffy about it but when it dies down, it really changes and I love it now! Thanks again JellieBabie :) x

Edit: the bottle is SO pretty! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Next perfume's are lovely too especially sparkle I always get asked what it is nice and fresh not too over powering and not too sweet.

sadie1502 wrote: »
    Next perfume's are lovely too especially sparkle I always get asked what it is nice and fresh not too over powering and not too sweet.

Thanks Sadie, can you get that online?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I use the Lidl dupes of chanel perfumes every day.

As they are so cheap I've no problem refreshing them regularly, and regularly get asked what I am wearing as people like it.

I've the "real versions" of them for occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Thanks Sadie, can you get that online?

I'm not sure twirlagig I always get it in store 100ml bottle something like 20.00 euro.

Stheno wrote: »
    I use the Lidl dupes of chanel perfumes every day.

As they are so cheap I've no problem refreshing them regularly, and regularly get asked what I am wearing as people like it.

I've the "real versions" of them for occasions
    Is it Lidl that have the Coco Mademoiselle copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RosieP

M&S have some lovely perfumes in their beauty section. I bought a perfume there for a friend for Christmas because she'd read that the M&S version smelled similar to a designer brand she likes - she was delighted with it, said they smelled pretty much exactly the same! And it was a fraction of the price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is it Lidl that have the Coco Mademoiselle copy?

Yes and the No 5 copy and the Boss orange copy.

I have all three so I just decide what I fancy each day :)

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Yes and the No 5 copy and the Boss orange copy.

I have all three so I just decide what I fancy each day :)

You must have a good Lidl nearby- anytime I've looked there's been nothing :(

Advertisement