Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncalled for Moderation/warninhg

Options
  • 01-02-2017 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've tried talking to the moderator in question, but got a "take it to DRT" .

Stheno used moderator privilage to tell me to cite a claim I made in this post.

I subsequently provided a link, but questioned the need to use moderators privilege to elicit the link. Stheno then claimed that I did not provide a suitable link, however, if you follow it , it supports my claim (see This post.

I'm asking that the 'mod' tag be removed from the post, and the warning rescinded.

thanks. 26k Elephants

PM's
    Stheno wrote:
    Take it to drp if you are not happy
    Stheno wrote:
    Check the thread rules, posts without
    Why did you invoke moderator privilege to get me to provide evidence to back the point I made?

You could have simply said "link?" But you chose to use moderator privilege.

This is outside the thread, so your previous response is not helpful.
    You didn't provide any backup beyond a link within a link as per your "check section 2b"

I used the mod title as this thread is full of issues where people are making claims.

What? "A link within a link"? I provided a link to the feds own EO procedures. Its not a link to a link.
    Section 2(b) is the line in question where EO's are referred to the AG. Is there some part of that you are not seeing?

Using you moderator privilege in this case was uncalled for. If you are not happy with the quality of the discussion then post about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hi
    I'm going to take a look at this for you
    bear with me while I investigate
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ok so
    Mod posted a mod warning with a request on thread
    You complied with the request
    So far so good, regardless of how valid either party felt it was or wasn't.

But you also argued with the mod on thread.

If you hadn't argued with the mod on thread and instead PM'd them exactly what you did PM as a first step, that would have been perfect. Valid query and something you could raise. And if that didn't get you anywhere you were happy with, you could PM a cmod.

However arguing with a mod warning on thread is a cardinal site rule and one I have to uphold. Therefore I have to uphold this yellow card.

Would you like to request an admin review?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Nah, we can leave it there.

Thanks for looking into it, I appreciate your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement