Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reconmend a gym in kilkenny

Options
  • 01-02-2017 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

would anyone here be able to reconmend a good gym in kilkenny city? would i be better off going to a gym based in a hotel or an independent gym?and do any one of you here have any experience of using a personal trainer in a gym? its something i have been wanting to do for a while,and your views or experiences would be great to hear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Do you want a swimming pool or not? I have been a member in a number of gyms and can recommend ones depending in what your main use would be for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sanex

toe_knee wrote: »
    Do you want a swimming pool or not? I have been a member in a number of gyms and can recommend ones depending in what your main use would be for

thanks for the reply,no i dont want a swimming pool,really what i want is to get fit lose weight and improve my fhyiscal apperarnce

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

There is a Gym in Hebron industrial estate, which I heard is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

Fennellys fitness in the Hebron industrial estate. They opened their new place in January.

spuddy90 wrote: »
    Fennellys fitness in the Hebron industrial estate. They opened their new place in January.

have you ever used their gym and as this is my first time using a gym would i fit in their?

• Advertisement

sanex wrote: »
    have you ever used their gym and as this is my first time using a gym would i fit in their?

Yep they are very welcoming to newcomers and tailor your needs. They have some great classes weekly aswell. No harm in going down and having a look around. They are approachable aswell.

Also have a look at the watershed.

spuddy90 wrote: »
    Yep they are very welcoming to newcomers and tailor your needs. They have some great classes weekly aswell. No harm in going down and having a look around. They are approachable aswell.

Also have a look at the watershed.

so if i went down and told them i was thinking of joining and what i wanted to achieve they would do up a programe for me,also is it busy in the evenings and what do you mean approachable?

I don't think there is a gym in Kilkenny that's not busy in the evenings.

sanex wrote: »
    so if i went down and told them i was thinking of joining and what i wanted to achieve they would do up a programe for me,also is it busy in the evenings and what do you mean approachable?

Friendly easy to talk to and very helpful.

They would do up a program to whatever you want to achieve.

Yes it's busy in the evenings.

Some of the gyms will give you a pass to try it out. Might be worth while doing that and pick the one you feel most comfortable in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Michael Kavanagh

Is there not a new gym going to be out in cillian hill soon where the red mills building is.

There is, TJ Reids gym. They might be doing offers to get members. I think its 3-4 weeks away from opening but would swear on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Fennellys all the way joined a few months back don't know myself now everyone thinks it's just for bodybuilders and the like but you'll see every shape of a body there and the members and staff are all fairly sound too

Better living everyone

thanks every body for all the advice,does anybody know what the newpark gym is like?

Advertisement