Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Chicago, Toronto & New York

Options
  • 01-02-2017 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I'm looking to go to the US/Canada in March for a brief holiday. I'm a female solo traveler.

I'm currently thinking of flying into Chicago on Paddys day and spending 5 days there before either going to Toronto or New York for a further 5 days.

What would people recommended or have any experience in any place?
    The cost of flights + internal flight look to be working out roughly the same so it'll just be the accommodation in NY that would be a little extra.

This will be my first solo trip and I'm looking to step outside my comfort zone in doing it!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Be aware that you will need a visa to enter Canada (assuming you are Irish), you can't just turn up at the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Yes but they have system similar to ESTA for Canada, very easy and quick to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Haven't been to Toronto but New York is great. All depends on what your interests are but New York should cater for virtually everything. I was in New York on my own a good few years ago, loved it (I'm male).

Advertisement