Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slim/narrow at seat

Options
  • 01-02-2017 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

We have two car seats in my Mazda 6 right now and need to fit an adult in the middle every now and then.

Adult is a slim 20 year old girl but still the space between the two current seats is too small.

So instead of changing the car which is the other option if really prefer not to go I'd rather see is there 2 very narrow or slim car seats available on the market to see can I make this work.

Any ideas?

Kids are 2 and 4 years of age if that's any use.

Also what store in Dublin carries the most car seats for testing etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

my wife is double the age of the adult youre looking to fit, and probably a little more rotund, and she can fit between 2 seats in our ford focus no problem.
    The mother in law is clinically obese, probably chronically, and can fit in between the seats.

Are your current seats isofix ? If so, then that may be your problem.
    Just look where the mountings are and you'll see that in many cars they are so close together that you'll never get an adult in between regardless of how narrow a child seat is. You may be asking for the impossible.

our seats are both maxi cosi Rodi AirProtect, but NOT isofix (last owner was a gay dude who obviously wasnt planning kids so no iso fix mountings were installed! ) .
    When our pair were 2 and 4, we had one Rodi and a priori xp, and could also fit in an adult between.

Theres a version with isofix, Rodi fix, which actually is a narrower seat and one of the narrowest of the type out there I'd say, but it'd be no use if those mountings are too close together in the first place.
    on the positive, you can retract the iso fix mountings on the type 3 seats like the Rodi fix and just use them as a simple booster seat with the seatbelt, and then push them a little to the side to leave more space in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Are theseats rear or forward facing? As said above isofix is very wide. We have 2 aikid mini kids in one car. Theyare narrow rear facing seats and someone can squeezein between but when we had one mini kid and one baby isofix it was very uncomfortable!
    Tony Kealys would be able to help you out tho.
    The other option is to put one kid in the front passenger seat and squeeze 2 adults in the back. It's perfectly safe a long as seat is installed correctly and if it's a rear facing seat, that the airbag is off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

The diono radian 5 is one of the narrowest seats, rear or forward facing. The britax adventurer is one of the narrowest hbbs, if that's what you need.
    As above, Tony kealys is a great shop, really helpful staff, if you can get to a branch!

Advertisement