Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email tickets

Options
  • 01-02-2017 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Bought 2 email tickets for u2 , the person selling them printed them out and posted them to me , i lodged money to his acc

All went smoothly and although i paid over face value , it wasn't a huge amount like some

But now im wondering , what would happen if he cancelled the tickets or something , what comeback would i have ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

No comeback. Never buy email tickets, hard copies only. What's stopping that tout printing off several copies and selling them all. First to arrive at croke park gets in. No one else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Bought 2 email tickets for u2 , the person selling them printed them out and posted them to me , i lodged money to his acc

All went smoothly and although i paid over face value , it wasn't a huge amount like some

But now im wondering , what would happen if he cancelled the tickets or something , what comeback would i have ?

Or what happens if he printed many tickets and sold them to many people?

I suppose you have to hope that the person was trustworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Had the tout good feedback on adverts ? Is his name address on the email..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

the person selling them printed them out and posted them to me
    If they were email tickets he didn't to send them to you, you could have just emailed them to you?
    i lodged money to his acc
    You have no recourse to the funds now as the only person who can asked for return of funds is the account holder.

What could (not saying will) happen?
    The seller could print off multiple copies of the tickets and sell them many times over, obviously only 1 ticket will work and normally it will be 1st through doors.

Did you meet the person selling them or confirm his name and address?
    If buying print outs off someone that you didn't know, you should meet in person, confirm name and address, get tickets emailed from their ticketmaster account and make sure the names matched, if they don't ask questions.
    Always pay via Paypal then at least you would some comfort if tickets didn't work and get Paypal to issue refund (although it isn't always easy to do).
    Would walk away from someone who wouldn't accept Paypal payment.
    Where did you buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Get there early so you're first through the doors!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Did you pay face value or an inflated price?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

hawkelady wrote: »
    No comeback. Never buy email tickets, hard copies only.
    while a bit safer, hard copies are still no guarantee, they can report them lost in the post and will be issued new ones. It does stop them selling multiples of course.

If reported lost they are cancelled, so it does not matter if you arrive first, the barcode will report them as cancelled.

hard copies are still no guarantee,

True but 100% safer than printouts unless you know the seller and you can check a t/m booth if valid.
    H/C will have name of purchaser on it.
    There are better websites where to buy and feedback always helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Well they are not literally 100% safer if both are open to scams...
    okidoki987 wrote: »
    check a t/m booth if valid.
    a TM booth could possibly verify if they are valid, but could later still be reported lost or stolen.
    okidoki987 wrote: »
    H/C will have name of purchaser on it.
    I have hard tickets with no name, I paid cash at a kiosk.

You are actually probably better off getting ones with no name on them, as this would mean they were bought at an outlet and so they could not report them lost in the post or stolen.

The safest way, if buying from a stranger, is to try and find someone who is actually going to the gig themselves, and say you want to go in with them. If they say no then you know something is up. On toutless you will see that lots of sellers are going to the gigs themselves, and just 1 or 2 in their group have pulled out.

I remember the gardai advising to arrange to meet outside a garda station or something, for GAA tickets. This is no guarantee at all, but would likely scare off a scammer.

Feedback helps a lot as said.

You are actually probably better off getting ones with no name on them, as this would mean they were bought at an outlet and so they could not report them lost in the post or stolen.

That's a fair point, never thought of that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement