Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem With Climote After Installation by Electric Ireland.

Options
  • 01-02-2017 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I Placed my Order Late November/Early December with Electric Ireland, Paid €150.

I had it installed on 8th December (Having to Take 8hrs Holidays to be there for it) all seemed to be ok with the installation. However the unit power cycled a few times during installation and would not respond to commands sent via the app.

The Installer (John) rang climote support and they could see the commands being sent on their system from my phone, however it was not controlling the unit. He was unsure whether it was a problem with network or with the unit. The GMS was showing as 30-32% and climote support said that should be sufficient. It sporadically did control the unit after this.

The installer only had one other unit and was heading to another customer after me so decided not to change the unit. The installer then said to give it a few days(Over the weekend) to sort itself out, he said they can take a few days to get better signal, etc, The unit became unresponsive and power cycled on Saturday 10th when I tried to control it via the app.

I rang the installer on the Monday (12th) and he said it is probably an antenna issue, but he didn't have any and I should ring Electric Ireland to schedule a visit. Which I did, they said they were heavily booked out but would send someone on Thursday 15th, so I took another 8hrs holidays on that Thursday, and I had the Friday booked off anyway.

No one had come, no one had contacted me, no txt by electric Ireland to confirm Appointment, so by lunch time on that day I contacted them and no one was scheduled to come out, They said they would get someone out on Friday Afternoon. Again No Show, No Call, No TXT, so I rang electric Ireland at around 3:30-4:00 that Friday evening, they said they were sorry, etc, and they would get someone out on the Monday first thing. So I Rang work Monday to inform them that I would be late and I would be taking 4hrs holidays in for Monday 19th December, Got a phone call at around 10-11am from an installer named Dathai, to say there was no point in him coming out as he had no antennas, etc, and it would probably be after Christmas when he would have them again.

So The Climote functioned ok for a few weeks in between (Very limited use, maybe controlled remotely three times), I came home one evening and had to enter the Date/Time again, which suggested it power cycled again. It has also reported “Changes Applied” however the heating was not turned on these occasions.

I texted the installer that was to come out on 19th December twice (Monday and Today) on the number he had rang from and I have had no response as of yet. 

Showing “Network Message 4”, becoming unresponsive and Power cycling.

So Having paid €150 for the unit, taking 20hrs holidays, 2 missed Appointments, a third appointment kicking me down the Road “we’ll pick it up After Christmas when we have antennas in stock”, multiple Phone calls to Electric Ireland, Text messages not responded to by installer.

I have come on to support here, can you help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi hcvti,

Thanks for your detailed post. We are very sorry to read of your unhappy customer experience.

If you private message us your name, address and telephone number, we will escalate all of this information immediately.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement