Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer in Waterford Council

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

I was surprised that I found numerical ok. I did guess 2 answers as I couldn't work them out.

Verbal reasoning was ok too....

Error checking! Haha I think I got 28/40!!

Are these for permanent roles and have anyone any idea how many positions they are!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Scores out now! Pleased with mine but wish they gave us our rankings!
    Also don't really understand the system are they just taking any 40 from the 120 for interview?
    Kinda feels like the test might mean little

• Registered Users Posts: 31 EllieVH

Did you get an email? I didn't :(

My surname starts with v, though, so maybe I'll be among the last people to get an email...

EllieVH wrote: »
    My surname starts with v, though, so maybe I'll be among the last people to get an email...

Yea i did mine at 9am too so maybe they're just sending that way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

Got me email early this morning. No rank number on it though. Hard to know where ur placed....😥

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Well I passed, which was a relief! Seems of the 23 clerical checking questions I managed to finish, I got all of them right at least!

It appears that they'll now shortlist the top 120 from each campaign (I'm in for both) and then call 40 candidates each based on the application forms.

Bummer not knowing if you've reached the top 120 candidates or not, though. I guess it's just a waiting game again now.

Should be a little more transparent i feel.....In the interest of fair procedure and all. Then again if it was fair I'll bet a huge number wouldn't be working in public sector!!!?!

Yea like it's a bit daft they can't just let us know if we're in the top 120 or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

My understanding (based on the email) is that based on our education and experience we may shoot up or down the ranks. Basically, I don't think our ranking exists until WCC has sifted our applications and applied additional scoring to our test results.

Quite a drawn out process so far.

• Advertisement

Waffleturd wrote: »
    My understanding (based on the email) is that based on our education and experience we may shoot up or down the ranks. Basically, I don't think our ranking exists until WCC has sifted our applications and applied additional scoring to our test results.

Quite a drawn out process so far.

That would be fairer if so.. Hopefully the next stage will be sooner rather than later..... Nothing worse than being left in the dark for an age.....

Got my score in the end 39-21-27... Fingers crossed, I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

blaagirl03 wrote: »
    Should be a little more transparent i feel.....In the interest of fair procedure and all. Then again if it was fair I'll bet a huge number wouldn't be working in public sector!!!?!

Why are you going for the job if that's your attitude towards the public sector and your potential colleagues..??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cfog21

Hi,
    I have applied for these two positions also, looking forward to finding out where I rank, fingers crossed we all make it into the top40!
    I am just wondering can someone explain the difference between working for local government as a clerical officer and working for the civil service as a clerical officer? For example, Would your service be transferable?
    I am having trouble finding info on the Internet, so any advice would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Just got an e-mail from WCC - I didn't make it through to the interview stage unfortunately.

Best of luck to the rest of you - hope ye all do well :)

Just got an e-mail from WCC - I didn't make it through to the interview stage unfortunately.

Best of luck to the rest of you - hope ye all do well :)

Me too....Aw well, the fact that we were never given a rank number would make u think whether these jobs are already promised and the process was just complying with formalities... Anyway hope im wrong and the best and most deserving candidates are appointed. Good luck to all going forward to next stage......!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

No joy here either. It would have been nice if rankings were known at any point throughout. Good luck to all still in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

Waffleturd wrote: »
    No joy here either. It would have been nice if rankings were known at any point throughout. Good luck to all still in.

I'm gone too! Good luck to everyone!

Yea I'm gone too :( Had really been hoping for it!

Don't be too disheartened lads......It's a lottery with these type of jobs. Always has been, always will.

• Advertisement

blaagirl03 wrote: »
    Me too....Aw well, the fact that we were never given a rank number would make u think whether these jobs are already promised and the process was just complying with formalities... Anyway hope im wrong and the best and most deserving candidates are appointed. Good luck to all going forward to next stage......!

I got an interview and honestly don't know anyone that already works there and might have promised me a job...

I hope it will be a fair selection.

Does anyone know how many positions are to be filled? Is it just one each?

Good luck to everyone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

EllieVH wrote: »
    I got an interview and honestly don't know anyone that already works there and might have promised me a job...

I hope it will be a fair selection.

Does anyone know how many positions are to be filled? Is it just one each?

Good luck to everyone anyway.

how did u get on? I am on Limerick Clare panel so just hopping around looking to see how the process is gong in other counties!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Just wondering if you got an answer to this question as there is a new clerical officer panel for WCC and I have a few years of civil service experience and I don't want to apply if it's not transferable?

cfog21 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have applied for these two positions also, looking forward to finding out where I rank, fingers crossed we all make it into the top40!
    I am just wondering can someone explain the difference between working for local government as a clerical officer and working for the civil service as a clerical officer? For example, Would your service be transferable?
    I am having trouble finding info on the Internet, so any advice would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Missteekay

Yes anything over a year or two is transferable. Best of luck

Advertisement