Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fix my area

Options
  • 01-02-2017 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up to let you know about the website http://fixmyarea.com/* which allows residents to report problems such as pollution, fly tipping etc in the locality. The report goes to Fingal CC who then take action to repair the problem. I've used it to report flytipping in the past and the Council had it removed within a week.

A great site for walkers, runners, cyclists etc who spot illegal dumping in the local area.

Edit:
    *Apologies: www.FixMyStreet.ie is the correct link now.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I only found out about that recently and I think it's a brilliant way of reporting problems - you're never sure who to ask for if you phone the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just to say, it's not only Fingal CC. You can use it for any council.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Last issue raised Reported on 23 September 2016?

I remember it being launched alright.
    Is it still active though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Is it still active though?

Sort of a chicken/egg question I think. It would depend on people knowing about the site and reporting incidents.

Personally, I was told about this site AGES ago and completely forgot it existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Hi, I didn't know about that site. I use www.fixmystreet.ie . There are lots of reported issues on it that have now been sorted. I actually reported one myself today.

Edit to mention that I was told about fixmysteeet by a Fingal Co Co employee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I used fix my street before Xmas, reported rubbish dumped in my area. Still waiting................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

There's also an app on android & iOS which I've used quite a lot, however the last fixed issue I have from submitted is nine months old & I've 11 outstanding, four of which are still classed as "new" meaning they haven't been opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I used fixmystreet.ie and got a problem sorted. It took time but at least it was done and saved me phoning someone and been led a merry dance.

Good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

rushfan wrote:
    I used fix my street before Xmas, reported rubbish dumped in my area. Still waiting................

The waiting is over!!!! All rubbish with the exception of a garden bench has been removed. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/reportit/

Fingal CoCo's own site lists using Fix My Street for reporting many issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

eddiem74 wrote: »
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/reportit/

Fingal CoCo's own site lists using Fix My Street for reporting many issues.

They recommend fixyourstreet.ie as well. The Department should really just appoint one site for all councils to use.

Advertisement