Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayak recommendation

Options
  • 01-02-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi folks, 
    Looking for a kayak recommendation. I bought a basic sit-on top about 3/4 years ago and would like to upgrade to something else now. I'm about 6'2, 90kg. Looking for something kind of all purpose I guess. Based in south-west so I take it out a lot in summer around Derrynane, Castlegregory and down in Beara, but also in beaches for some kayak surfing. Would be looking for something that's covered over and has some storage space inside. Not planning on doing on any white water stuff in rivers. Took a look on Bantry Bay kayaks and mailed for a recommendation but heard nothing back. Budget range would be around €600 - 800. Would appreciate any recommendations from folks here. Cheers!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Try Bantry Bay again - they were just taken over by CH Marine and their website was down. Also get in touch with Darren Stock of Darrens Kayaks. He has a great range of stuff.

Advertisement