Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket legislation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What problems do you foresee?

At least they have sense and are basing it on the Belgian one, I do not think seatwave operate there for that reason.

I think they will never be able to wipe it out, but could certainly greatly reduce it.

I wonder if any loopholes were found in Belgium, either legal ones or just illegal workarounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If bands/promoters get banned from using Seatwave, aren't they just gonna charge more for the regular tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If bands/promoters get banned from using Seatwave, aren't they just gonna charge more for the regular tickets?
    it might, you should be able to simply look at what happened in Belgium, I cannot find any info though.

I always wonder why they do not charge a lot more anyway, I supposed they do not want to appear to be gouging themselves.

Yourself and the OP appear to think there is systematic business/scamming going on? that the bands are involved, or ticketmaster are "allocating" tickets to seatwave? Do you think that is happening?

My theory is that they just take a backseat and let the touts at it, and still clean up on the ridiculous percentages they get, hands in the air saying "its not our fault". They could have planned availability to suit touting etc or letting their own employees privately get access or something. But I do think there is a middleman tout making money, and it is stupid for artists to allow this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Shedite27 wrote: »

Pretty much, it's gonna have **** all of an effect, there's other things they can do such as

(a) banning bots/automated purchasing
    (b) reducing the number of tickets that can be sold as a batch (8 tickets a go for U2, ffs, that's asking for trouble)
    (c) force the promoter / act to disclose just how many tickets are actually going on sale (that would pucker their holes so tight you could start a diamond farm)

I don't think you can ban them being re-sold at a higher price, it will just turn into a "ring this number for a price" or ticket@cost + 500% handling fee etc..

rubadub wrote: »
    Yourself and the OP appear to think there is systematic business/scamming going on? that the bands are involved, or ticketmaster are "allocating" tickets to seatwave? Do you think that is happening?

https://theringer.com/how-u2-fans-are-getting-squeezed-by-ticket-sellers-c049f88fabbd#.79p20d6te

https://theringer.com/ticket-industry-problem-solution-e4b3b71fdff6#.gyosavk29

• Advertisement
Advertisement