Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - Meteor Network - Voicemail Icon

Options
  • 01-02-2017 5:52pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having issues with voicemail on Meteor Network?
    This has been goin on for a month or 2 now where I wont be notified if I have a voicemail. Then I will go into the phone app and the red icon will be flashing or intermittently there on the voicemail tab.

Just wondering if its a handset or Network problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've an iPhone 6 and I'm on Meteor. I am getting notification pop ups when I have voicemail, but I've noticed that more often than not when I go into the Phone app, there is a red dot on the Voicemail icon (even though I don't have email)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm the same on emobile or eir mobile or what ever it is called (soon to be one network I'm told)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yep getting it on vodafone too with iPhone 7, its only since I installed the latest or second last update I think

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This has been like this since the iphone 7 launched, an update from Apple is required to fix it apparently, well thats what Meteor informed me. I have currently using 10.3 beta and I can confirm that I am back getting notifications that I have voicemails again, however I am still getting a random red dot over the voicemail tab in the phone, regardless if I have a voicemail or not. What I am now getting thou is the red dot on the actual phone icon when I actually do have a voicemail now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Must be an iOS thing rather than a particular handset or network. I have a 6 on the Three network, and even though I do not have voicemail set up on my account, occasionally I get a red dot over the voicemail icon in the Phone app. When I click on it, the recording tells me I have no voicemail messages. Can't say exactly when it started, but at a guess maybe 3-4 weeks ago I noticed it for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Aquos76 wrote: »
    This has been like this since the iphone 7 launched, an update from Apple is required to fix it apparently, well thats what Meteor informed me. I have currently using 10.3 beta and I can confirm that I am back getting notifications that I have voicemails again, however I am still getting a random red dot over the voicemail tab in the phone, regardless if I have a voicemail or not. What I am now getting thou is the red dot on the actual phone icon when I actually do have a voicemail now.

It worked fine when I first got the iPhone 7. The first update after that feck d it and it's been like that since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

I'm getting it on both iPhone 6S+ and a Google Nexus 6P.

The issue is on the network side nothing to do with iOS

It seems to happen occasionally with network voicemail systems generally, including landlines.

You need to ask Meteor to reset the message waiting indicator.

It happens on landlines occasionally too where the special "bee baw" dial tone will stay on even though you've no voicemail.

Advertisement