Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremist rhetoric on Trump threads

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Havockk wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but that's just being mealy mouthed about it in retrospect, and I would suggest that is only because you have been called out on it.

This is not the correct way to go about things anyway. You have to accept people at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Havockk

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

If someone *is* a vile racist, or a vile misogynist, there is nothing uncivil about it. That would just be a statement of fact.

This is not the correct way to go about things anyway. You have to accept people at face value.

I really don't, I judge people on their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

If someone *is* a vile racist, or a vile misogynist, there is nothing uncivil about it. That would just be a statement of fact.

True.

• Advertisement

Who gets to define if someone is a racist/misogynist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

the ones with an agenda, of course

They define themselves by their words and actions.

kneemos wrote: »
    They define themselves by their words and actions.

But that's still subjective. One man's racism is another man's protection of his country.

Who here on boards gets to decide if a person can be called a vile racist?

But that's still subjective. One man's racism is another man's protection of his country.

It's not subjective at all, if you hate another person because their skin is a different colour, you're a racist. If you think one race is superior to another, you're a racist.

I'm sorry but this is just nonsense and I see the OP has thanked your posts which just reinforces my initial suspicion of the agenda I called him out on.

• Advertisement

No it's not. We know what a racist sounds like and we know what a misogynist sounds like. Quite simple.

Some people might as you say think he is protecting his country but he's still doing it in a racist manner.

It's not subjective at all, if you hate another person because their skin is a different colour, you're a racist. If you think one race is superior to another, you're a racist.

I'm sorry but this is just nonsense and I see the OP has thanked your posts which just reinforces my initial suspicion of the agenda I called him out on.

No it's not nonsense. Leave Trump aside for a minute. Are you telling me that in this world today that people are only called racist if they hate another person who's skin happens to be a different colour?
    C'mon, seriously...

kneemos wrote: »
    No it's not. We know what a racist sounds like and we know what a misogynist sounds like. Quite simple.

Some people might as you say think he is protecting his country but he's still doing it in a racist manner.

But it's not a racist manner to some people. That's my whole point. Who gets to decide?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Its not subjective when the feds sue you for being a racist. And you settle. Especially when you are a guy who "Never settles"
    In 1973, Trump, as a 27-year-old, was president of his father’s realty company, Trump Management. It operated nearly 40 apartment buildings, mostly in New York City. By all accounts, including his own, Trump was a hands-on president and very active in managing the day-to-day business operations.

That year, the federal government filed a complaint against Trump, his father Fred Trump, and Trump Management. The complaint alleged that the Trumps violated the Fair Housing Act, part of the Civil Rights Act of 1968, by discriminating against tenants and potential tenants based on their race.

"The defendants, through the actions of their agents and employees, have discriminated against persons because of race in the operation of their apartment buildings," the complaint reads.

What's an indisputable fact, that BLM are vile racists or that some on the right would unsurprisingly try and make that case?

Which is of course to ignore the point, that Black people in the US are disproportionately murdered by the Police.

Its not subjective when the feds sue you for being a racist. And you settle. Especially when you are a guy who "Never settles"

Yeah and I could find something that showed him doing good for black people but how and ever...
    We're not here to discuss Trump.

But it's not a racist manner to some people. That's my whole point. Who gets to decide?

Jesus Christ lad we have a definition of racism. Doesn't matter if you accept it or not.

• Advertisement

Certainly do,because we have an accepted definition of racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

And people have not been banned for expressing that opinion either AFAIK. I mean how are you meant to be able to have a discussion on Trump if you can't bring the fact that he and his team have faced racism accusations and implemented some policies that seem to many to be based on race.

Or even how could someone on the right argue that blm had gone over to racism. Does this extend over to all criticisms about someone that are not 100% defined and proven. A discussion that is civil because no one can say anything is not a discussion at all.

Hardly a shocker.

Yeah and I could find something that showed him doing good for black people but how and ever...
    We're not here to discuss Trump.

Sure, why not. It still would not effect the reality.

Are we not discussing Trump? In a thread titled "[] rhetoric on Trump threads"

Oh, right so.

(if you prefer, just take it as an objective example of racism.)

Sure, why not. It still would not effect the reality.

Are we not discussing Trump? In a thread titled "[] rhetoric on Trump threads"

Oh, right so.

(if you prefer, just take it as an objective example of racism.)

Yeah, we are here to discuss the extreme rhetoric not Trump. There's been a mod note to say just that, you might want to read back.

But ... Clinton. If bill runs for president again, be sure to mention that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

Yes. I mean anyone who points these things out and believes that those policies are based on race is calling him a racist. Merely dodging around the word racist does not take away the meaning.

Entirely possibly I am misreading you but you seem to be complaining about people calling Trump racist.

• Advertisement

Well facts are facts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement