Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Option for regular fixed payment to avoid seasonal bill increases

Options
  • 01-02-2017 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

my winter gas an electric bills killed me this month. I've figured out my usage and it would require me to pay an average of €50 a week for both services throughout the year. This payment option would be much easier for me. Am I able to cancell my direct debits and pay a regular fixed amount per week? 
    thank you in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Lazare,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We currently offer both gas and electricity customers an equaliser, or equal monthly payment. The amount of the payment would be set for twelve months. Once the twelve months pass, the amount would be reviewed taking into account the difference between what was paid and the actual consumption.

We are unable to take bank details here in this department for account security reasons. However, you can ring our colleagues on 1850 372 372 to set this up once your balance is clear.

It is also possible to set up the electricity and gas equaliser online.

You may prefer set this up over the phone, as the advisor can let you know the amount of the equaliser immediately. The amount would be set automatically if you register online.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Thanks a million for the quick response I'll get in touch with them asap. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Lazare,

You are very welcome.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement