Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable eye pallet recommendations

Options
  • 02-02-2017 12:25am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a matte eye pallete, mainly neutral colours, browns, pinkish colours. I don't want to spend too much (under €20 if possible), but want good enough pigment. So many inexpensive ones around but I don't know what's good etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I was gifted a Make Up Revolution palette at Chrismas which has a mixture of both matte and shimmers and I find the quality to be great given how inexpensive they are.

I have the Flawless palette, but they also have the Flawless Matte, which seems to have the colours you want.

https://www.meagherspharmacy.ie/revolut-64991/

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-t3LfzhNZUhY/VSRgsWnos_I/AAAAAAAAylI/86_zVaDHuUk/s1600/20150407_091307_1.jpg

The quality isn't amazing and certainly isn't anything like MAC, Urban Decay, etc but its fantastic for the price and its a palette I use regularly.

I would definitely recommend checking them out and if they are sold anywhere near you maybe pop in and swatch them and see what you think of them as I know a lot of people find them to be hit and miss with pigmentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

The blank canvas ones are good have a look at their site or cloud 10 beauty.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The blank canvas ones are good have a look at their site or cloud 10 beauty.

They are a little pricey. Cheapest I saw was €34.99, trying not to spend that much at the moment. I was given the pippa palette a couple of years ago, but I am not totally mad about it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was gifted a Make Up Revolution palette at Chrismas which has a mixture of both matte and shimmers and I find the quality to be great given how inexpensive they are.

I have the Flawless palette, but they also have the Flawless Matte, which seems to have the colours you want.

https://www.meagherspharmacy.ie/revolut-64991/

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-t3LfzhNZUhY/VSRgsWnos_I/AAAAAAAAylI/86_zVaDHuUk/s1600/20150407_091307_1.jpg

The quality isn't amazing and certainly isn't anything like MAC, Urban Decay, etc but its fantastic for the price and its a palette I use regularly.

I would definitely recommend checking them out and if they are sold anywhere near you maybe pop in and swatch them and see what you think of them as I know a lot of people find them to be hit and miss with pigmentation.

Funnily enough I saw that brand today in a local pharmacy in Tralee for the first time and was amazed at how cheap it is. I tested one of the palettes and they seemed good. Good to know they are recommended. I might try it out.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    They are a little pricey. Cheapest I saw was €34.99, trying not to spend that much at the moment. I was given the pippa palette a couple of years ago, but I am not totally mad about it.

€19.99 for the 88 shades isn't pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

The Sleek i-Divine ones are surprisingly great and there's a good selection with them. You could get two for €20.

€19.99 for the 88 shades isn't pricey.

I was talking about The small blank canvass one, like the Pippa one, it's €35!

The Sleek i-Divine ones are surprisingly great and there's a good selection with them. You could get two for €20.

I got a sleek one last year but I'm not mad about it. Not good pigmentation.

I'm wondering if notjustsweet was referring to either of these palettes by Blank Canvas? I don't think either are what you are after though Ciarra76 as you mentioned matte and neutral, one of these is a mix of matte and shimmers and you can be sure the shimmer would get everywhere and the other has a range of colour, neutrals and brights, so you'd be left with a lot of colours you wouldn't use.

https://www.cloud10beauty.com/blank-canvas-88-matte-colour-palette.html

https://www.cloud10beauty.com/blank-canvas-nude-palette-88-matte-shimmer-neutral-colours.html

I know someone who purchased the matte/shimmer one and found it awful, sod all pigmentation, fall out etc.

Frankly if you are going to spend €20, then get two or three of the MUR ones, better quality and more for your money.

A friend of mine has the Pippa palette and isn't mad on it at all, overpriced for what it is and quality isn't great.

I'm wondering if notjustsweet was referring to either of these palettes by Blank Canvas? I don't think either are what you are after though Ciarra76 as you mentioned matte and neutral, one of these is a mix of matte and shimmers and you can be sure the shimmer would get everywhere and the other has a range of colour, neutrals and brights, so you'd be left with a lot of colours you wouldn't use.

https://www.cloud10beauty.com/blank-canvas-88-matte-colour-palette.html

https://www.cloud10beauty.com/blank-canvas-nude-palette-88-matte-shimmer-neutral-colours.html

I know someone who purchased the matte/shimmer one and found it awful, sod all pigmentation, fall out etc.

Frankly if you are going to spend €20, then get two or three of the MUR ones, better quality and more for your money.

A friend of mine has the Pippa palette and isn't mad on it at all, overpriced for what it is and quality isn't great.

Oh sorry I didn't realise it was the large Blank Canvass pallete. I thought it was the smaller one which is like the Pippa one. I saw this today in my local shop but I couldn't see their price. I'm surprised it's so cheap compared to their smaller one! It's a bit too colourful for me though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

I second the Makeup Revolution palettes for the price you can't go wrong.

The have a few different matte ones, I recently picked up the eye contour one and it's a rip off of kat von d palette!

The have a few different matte ones, I recently picked up the eye contour one and it's a rip off of kat von d palette!

I think I will try out make up revolution & see how it goes. It seems to be getting good reviews!

http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/categories/contour-palettes/eye-palettes.html

The first eye palette at the top seems to be what you're looking for? There's quite a few there though. Sorry for the confusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

ooh like the look of that - just googled these swatches here.

http://imgur.com/a/2H31n

I'm currently using the Mac Warm Neutrals that I purchased off someone on Depop but it defo needs another matte shade so this looks like it would fit in nicely

ams wrote: »
    ooh like the look of that - just googled these swatches here.

http://imgur.com/a/2H31n

I'm currently using the Mac Warm Neutrals that I purchased off someone on Depop but it defo needs another matte shade so this looks like it would fit in nicely

I need to have a good look at yet but I am excited heard things about it. Never thought to checkout depop for more expensive items...must have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

The Zoeva palettes are just outside your price range and all the things you mention it covers. They are either on cult beauty or you can order off the Zoeva website. Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette is so so nice. They just launched an all matte palette.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Make Up Obsession is made by the same crowd as MakeUp Revolution but you buy an empty pallette and pick the colours you want in it, kind of like Inglot! I have some of their shadows and blushes and they're brilliant, think the shadows are only 2.50 each and they have a mixture of matte and shimmer shades.Very easy to blend and great pigment. I ordered mine online from boots but I think they have them in some of the bigger stores too.

I picked up the Make up revolution matte pallete today. I haven't tried it out yet though. Will see how it goes. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Let us know how you get on!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I picked up the Make up revolution matte pallete today. I haven't tried it out yet though. Will see how it goes. Thanks for all your suggestions.
    Please let us know how you get on, I would be interested to hear as I want a matte palette myself, but I keep putting it off as I have so many palettes and really don't need any more, but if this was good I might get it... :o

Lads I'm terrible :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I picked up a few Make Up Revolution bits a while back and the eye shadows are honestly great. The Go to Hell palette is a fab dupe of Urban Decay Smoked (I own both, the Go to Hell was a freebie). If you get on well with the palette you got, there's a sale on their website at the moment which might be handy for picking up a few more bits.

If you're going beyond eyeshadow, their gel eyeliner is great too. I'd avoid the lipsticks.

Please let us know how you get on, I would be interested to hear as I want a matte palette myself, but I keep putting it off as I have so many palettes and really don't need any more, but if this was good I might get it... :o

Lads I'm terrible :o

Will do! I have a few small mac eyeshadow sets, and I have a benefit one (all only 4 shadows) and a Pippa one. but they were all gifts, so I haven't had to fork out in ages! I can't afford to splurge at the moment, so hopefully this will do the job! Now if only I could actually do a good job with applying eyeshadow!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭crunchie1

I have the sleek palette and find it great..really good pigmentation and last ages..not expensive

crunchie1 wrote: »
    I have the sleek palette and find it great..really good pigmentation and last ages..not expensive

Have one of those but I wasn't impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Yarghhh wrote: »
    The Zoeva palettes are just outside your price range and all the things you mention it covers. They are either on cult beauty or you can order off the Zoeva website. Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette is so so nice. They just launched an all matte palette.

Beauty bay also do Zoeva and I think free shipping at that price >18e

I tried out the Make up Revolution and it's not bad! Nice matte neutral colours. I just wish I was in someway good at doing eye make up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Have to say, I'm really liking the Catrice Matt Nudes palette at the moment.
    It was just under a fiver from Penneys and I wasn't expecting much but it's really nice.

The shades are lovely and neutral and well pigmented and I've had loads of compliments when I wear it.
    And for me, the dark brown colour also doubles up as a fantastic brow shadow!

I'm more impressed with this palette than I was with the Naked 2 one.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Have to say, I'm really liking the Catrice Matt Nudes palette at the moment.
    It was just under a fiver from Penneys and I wasn't expecting much but it's really nice.

The shades are lovely and neutral and well pigmented and I've had loads of compliments when I wear it.
    And for me, the dark brown colour also doubles up as a fantastic brow shadow!

I'm more impressed with this palette than I was with the Naked 2 one.

I think I was looking at that one ages ago and thought it looked nice. I had forgotten about it actually.
    The penneys make up is getting ok reviews. Has anyone here tried it?

Advertisement