Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seth Rollins Injured 2017

Options
  • 01-02-2017 8:01pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This was briefly discussed on the Raw thread, but Meltzer has now confirmed its legit news, not kayfabe.

Rollins seemed to have reinjured his knee on Raw during the closing segment. No time frame yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Confirmed by Seth himself on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/826832819074789376

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know we complain what a weak face he is but I'd be sickened for him if he ends up missing another wrestlemania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

It was an acl repair he got on the knee already wasn't it?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It was an acl repair he got on the knee already wasn't it?

Along with his MCL, and medial meniscus in his knee.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Along with his MCL, and medial meniscus in his knee.

And he was back after what 6 months? Can't say I'm surprised it has broken down

• Advertisement

And he was back after what 6 months? Can't say I'm surprised it has broken down

Well 6-7 months was the expected recovery time given to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well 6-7 months was the expected recovery time given to him.

And as a few (rightly, in hindsight) pointed out, it should've been significantly longer. Can't rush an ACL injury it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

If you watched the documentary, his doctor said 6 months or so. He was injured on November 4th and wrestled in June, 7 months later. He did not rush back at all.

It's unfortunate for the performer. The silver lining is that this time he is leaving as a babyface and so they can bring him back as one. He has been booked HORRENDOUSLY on this entire run - booked as a heel when he should have been a face, then they made him as smarmy as possible for 2 months only to turn him in the weakest manner possible, and without really tweaking his character. His promos are snivelling and whiny, he's been forced to do some AWFUL comedy (sparklecrotch anyone?) and he's been completely undercut and made to look a clown by king babyface Hunter. Honestly, I think you would be hard pressed to book someone worse if you tried.

Incidentally, I don't see it mentioned, but PWTorch are reporting he's out 4 - 6 months. I'd expect him back shortly before Summerslam.

Monokne wrote: »
    Incidentally, I don't see it mentioned, but PWTorch are reporting he's out 4 - 6 months. I'd expect him back shortly before Summerslam.

4-6 months means another ligament injury I'd suspect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/article/seth-rollins-injured-samoa-joe

so as you prob all know by now sadly Seth Rollins reinjured his knee on Raw last monday after being attacked by Samoa Joe. He is expected to be out for a few months and has rightly ****ed up sum wrestlemania plans. Hopefully he makes a full recovery, my heart goes out to him missing his second mania in a row after having such an Awsome title win at mania 31

So what do you think WWE should do when he gets back ???? Will they learn from there mistakes from his June 2016 return where when they should of turned him face but turned him heel. Will we get another wwe 24 episode of Seth Rollins recovery

very sad that were going back in time and a wait another Seth Rollins WWE return :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I think in a good way the break will do his character a huge favour. It basically resets what has happened since June 2016 and gives WWE a second chance at his return. I assume the Seth WM match could be delayed until SummerSlam if he is back for then or indeed next years WM. The buildup for the fued is ready made I assume HHH could bring a few more guys from NXT up and line them up and let Seth beat them until finally facing HHH at WM next year.

Of interest has everyone seen Finn Balor's tweet/card to Seth???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

lycan238 wrote: »
    Of interest has everyone seen Finn Balor's tweet/card to Seth???

Seen it - nice touch

There's a video doing the rounds now, of when Joe goes to take Seth down in the Clutch, and he twists funny on his knee. Joe must ask him "Are you ok?" As Seth responds "I hope so".

This is an awful shame. Wrestling Observer are reporting a time frame of 8 weeks however.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Damn, Rollins is injured again? What caused it exactly? And how long ago? I noticed he didn't compete at Royal Rumble so I suspect it happened before the PPV. In any case it kind've messes up the plans now. Like who is Triple H going to wrestle now?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Moved some posts from the News thread into this one to make information easier to see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

On the brightside, they are less likely to screw up the momentum of his return this time if they now consider him a babyface...

Meltzer says its actually only a meniscus injury so he should be back in 6-8 weeks and the Mania match is likely on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They could guarantee a giant pop for him with this if they do a thing where Steph and/or HHH are regularly coming out and joking about him breaking down again and mockingly wondering if he can make it to Wrestlemania this time. Then, if he can make it, he appears on Raw (as a surprise!) a week or two before Mania.

Crowd goes wild.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It also saves either him or Joe having to lose a match at Fastlane...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It also saves either him or Joe having to lose a match at Fastlane...

Yeah was thinking that. I wonder would he even be healthy enough to somehow interfere in Joe's match at Fastlane. Protects Joe and intensifies the feud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Given Mania is 2 months to the day would it be worth racing against the clock? Nevermind for a match where he'll want to push the envelope.

Rollins better have a serious think about where he wants to be physically speaking in a few years.

Only way I could see it working is if it's a street fight where the necessity of some daredevil spot is minimised.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Meltzer says its actually only a meniscus injury so he should be back in 6-8 weeks and the Mania match is likely on.

Hesa lucky man if so. A meniscus tear or strain is still very painful but he is very lucky its not worse.

I feel for Joe, two main roster appearances, 2 injuries. Tyson and Seth, very unlucky as nether were his fault.

I can't imagine there'll be heat on him for this one. Rollins is clumsy as s**t, always hurting himself or someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Wow Joe certainly has some bad luck doesn't he. Injuring Tyson Kidd in his debut match and now injuring Seth Rollins on his debut on the main roster. I know it's kind've callous to say, but this could actually work for Joe in that it perfectly cements him as the Destroyer. He can use Rollins injury as a way to hype himself up on the main roster and build a reputation.

I can't imagine there'll be heat on him for this one. Rollins is clumsy as s**t, always hurting himself or someone else.

Hi Bret :P

Sarcasm in case anyone thinks otherwise :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I'd love to see them take a risk and do a pure street fight at Mania where Rollins doesn't do any of his flying moves and both him and Trips are in civilian clothing rather than ring gear. Been a while since they've done something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Weird that they didn't say definitely if Rollins will miss Mania or how long he's out for. Surely a week on from the injury they should know one way or the other? If it's a MCL tear then surely he'll miss Mania?

It typically takes about 6 weeks to heal from a torn MCL. I don't expect him to miss the match.

What's an mcl? Medial ligament?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What's an mcl? Medial ligament?

Yes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medial_collateral_ligament

Advertisement