Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of switching from Airtricity's a prepay meter to Electric Ireland's Normal M

Options
  • 02-02-2017 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi ... I am currently with Airtricity and I have a prepaid meter. I'm thinking of going back to Electric Ireland only this time I would like to have the normal meter put back into my house so I can pay a contract bill as I think I am loosing out.
    Can anyone in the know get back to me and advise.

Sincerely
    ComputerTech

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi ComputerTech,

Thank you for your interest in returning to Electric Ireland.

There is no fee to revert to bill-pay with Electric Ireland, although the process will be different depending on the type of meter that you have. If you are in a contract with your current provider, there may be a fee from them.

In any case, you will require a deactivation code to revert the meter to bill-pay mode. When a customer makes a request to switch supplier, they should be able to get a deactivation code within 72 hours. If you have an indoor device this may need to be removed.

You can read more about our various offers here.

In order to begin the process of switching, we would recommend that you call our colleagues in the Sales team on 1850 305 090. They are available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm, and on Saturdays from 9am to 5:30pm.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ComputerTech

Hi ComputerTech,

Thank you for your interest in returning to Electric Ireland.

There is no fee to revert to bill-pay with Electric Ireland, although the process will be different depending on the type of meter that you have. If you are in a contract with your current provider, there may be a fee from them.

In any case, you will require a deactivation code to revert the meter to bill-pay mode. When a customer makes a request to switch supplier, they should be able to get a deactivation code within 72 hours. If you have an indoor device this may need to be removed.

You can read more about our various offers here.

In order to begin the process of switching, we would recommend that you call our colleagues in the Sales team on 1850 305 090. They are available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm, and on Saturdays from 9am to 5:30pm.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________
    Hi Aoife ... Can I just say "Thank You" so kindly for your kind, quick and informative response ... Well do ...  you might just have won me over !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi ComputerTech,

You are very welcome.

We do hope you choose to switch to Electric Ireland.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement