Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Pro Issues

• 02-02-2017 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi all,

First time poster as only recently got a new MACBOOK PRO 13-INCH: 2.0GHZ, 256GB for Christmas and have had some problems with it. Was wondering if people had the same issues or other problems. For the price I paid, it is very frustrating and annoying. By the way, I'm not very "techy" so if any responses could be made simple that would be great

Anyway, firstly I noticed it kept freezing the odd time when I first got it but got progressively worse until it got to a stage where it would freeze non stop on start up and then when it eventually logged in after about 10 minutes of use. I brought it back to CompuB where they took it in and fixed it.

Since I got it back (they had to wipe the disk, so it was basically new and had to do the whole set up procedure again), it now connects to the wifi in my house perfectly but the internet won't work. My phone works fine so it's not an internet issue and I've tried moving around the house closer to the internet box with no success. The internet may work for 5 minutes but then stops working - won't browse internet, Spotify is offline etc.

Are these issues faced by anybody else, or does anyone have any suggestions? It's my first Mac, and to be honest it seems like a huge waste of money. Very tempted to just hand it back to them and seek some form of refund.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No it shouldn't be doing that they are very reliable (at least they were) Take it back but try changing the wireless channel on your router first just so you can say you tried.

If your after a 13inch check out the dell/Alienware 13 with the OLED screen. That little laptop rocks best screen out there I reckon. Can also play games if you ever wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

Before taking it back I'd advice you to unplug your router and leave it for 30 seconds and plug it back in. There mite just be an IP conflict going on with the IP address your router has assigned to your macbook.

Advertisement