Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An actual ticket logged to my helpdesk team this morning

Options
  • 02-02-2017 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

So I manage an IT helpdesk team in a relatively well know organisation. Fairly standard IT support. They also support a number of retail outlets. We get the odd weird call from sites when they get new site managers and do not realise what IT actually support. I've started keeping a record of these and I use the examples at events I am speaking at as they always get a laugh.

But this morning I received in my new favorite.

Subject line (its a max of 80 characters so ran out of space at just the right spot!):
    "the toilet seat in disabled toilets is cracked and is nipping people when they s"

The details expanded on this issue luckily:

"the toilet seat is cracked in the disabled toilet and when people sit down it is nipping them"

Its the little things sometimes that make you smile!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Have you fixed it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Craven99

I asked them to turn it off and on again

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Well, aren't you there to fix IT?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Maybe the manager understood you to be support for Invalid Toilet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Craven99 wrote: »
    "the toilet seat in disabled toilets is cracked and is nipping people when they sit down"

Ask them to get a certificate from HR stating their disability/right to use the disabled toilet.

Or ask their current weight so you can compare it to the rated weight the seat is certified for.

Or maybe ask them to post a photo of the broken seat and attach it to the issue.

Bonus points if you ask them how big their crack is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Ask them to get a certificate from HR stating their disability/right to use the disabled toilet.

Or ask their current weight so you can compare it to the rated weight the seat is certified for.

Or maybe ask them to post a photos of the broken seat, the injured area and attach it to the issue.

Bonus points if you ask them how big their crack is.

Fixed that for you. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Craven99

Well all I was going to do was get them to flush the DNS
    I'll get my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Thread rating for AH: Good thread
    Thread rating for Computers & Technology: Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ha I get them in an app called Sysaid, I manage the ones above for H and S and facilities.

My favourite is:

Title: Dangerous Light issue
    Description: Light is off on back stairs, its very dark dangerous.
    Resolution: Turned on light.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Tell them to log off and on again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Craven99 wrote: »
    Well all I was going to do was get them to flush the DNS
    I'll get my coat

Funny

Don't forget the

I P CONFIG :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Joeface

Mine this week was "when are you putting my chair together for me" , stupidity asked what part of IT support did that come under....Answer "it will support me better while sitting at my desk"...

Advertisement