Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preparing formula

Options
  • 02-02-2017 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how people prepare formula when abroad? Going to Tenerife tomorrow with my five month old and not sure if I should use boiled bottled water or would the tap water boiled be ok. Would love to hear what others do. Had been hoping to be still breastfeeding but that came to an end last week so have no idea what's the correct way to make the bottles safely when out of the country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

There are bottled waters that have a bottle symbol or otherwise indicate they are suitable for formula, usually low sodium waters. I would use that rather than boiled tap water.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

It might be an idea to pack some of the ready made bottles of formula (if they're available with the brand you use) just to tide you over when you land, until you can get your bearings and find suitable bottled water?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Yeah like above posters have said, the bottled water has a baby symbol or bottle on it that is safe for babies, when we went abroad with ours we used these, and also bought the pre made bottles to have for plane and also if out during the day, and just kept the ones we made in the apartment for morning and night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Yeah like above posters have said, the bottled water has a baby symbol or bottle on it that is safe for babies, when we went abroad with ours we used these, and also bought the pre made bottles to have for plane and also if out during the day, and just kept the ones we made in the apartment for morning and night time.

Thanks. This is exactly what we did. The pre made formula was handy especially the days we travelled.

Advertisement