Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish runner five mile

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭S.L.F.

romteilly wrote: »
    I'm not on Facebook so I have been left in limbo, checked the race website but no joy

what do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭romteilly

S.L.F. wrote: »
    what do you mean?

I mean I'm not on Facebook so how would I get the info, if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

They did the same for the recent streets of Dublin 5km race.
    Fairly straightforward to pick up your number but I appreciate it won't suit everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

An unusual question but does anyone know if there would be any shower facilities in the vicinity after this?

Thanks

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    An unusual question but does anyone know if there would be any shower facilities in the vicinity after this?

Thanks

Here's a few suggestions here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057061529

I myself am a big believer in clean towel, baby wipes, deodorant and change of clothes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

ooter wrote: »
    They did the same for the recent streets of Dublin 5km race.
    Fairly straightforward to pick up your number but I appreciate it won't suit everyone.

You can pick up before the race between 8:30 and 9:30 on Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Thinking of parking somewhere local like Inchicore or Islandbridge and cycling to the start, prob a silly question but will there be somewhere handy to lock the bike?

Lazare wrote: »
    Thinking of parking somewhere local like Inchicore or Islandbridge and cycling to the start, prob a silly question but will there be somewhere handy to lock the bike?

I would park it by the gardai headquarters if I was cycling or else against one of the tree guards on the Chesterfield avenue. There'll be plenty of people around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I received an email from AAI yesterday informing me about the number pickup arrangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I just got an email offering 40% off this race. Use the code FIT40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

I collected my number in Blanch this morning. They've no XL t-shirts and the large wouldn't fit an 8 year old. If you're a small, go for a medium at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Phoole wrote: »
    I collected my number in Blanch this morning. They've no XL t-shirts and the large wouldn't fit an 8 year old. If you're a small, go for a medium at least.

Or an XL in Suffolk st. Snug is being generous - for comparison I took L at the Frank Duffy last year and its a perfect fit

Here's me barely fitting in to my large size tee. As you can see, I'm not exactly a big dude.

https://ibb.co/jxXmiQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Anyone manage to do number collection for a group? If so what info are they accepting for collections?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

KJ wrote: »
    I just got an email offering 40% off this race. Use the code FIT40

I am off to Elverys in town at lunch time to enter (€25), I wonder if they will accept any codes at the store??

Is it worth chancing the auld arm, what do you think??

Don't really mind as I am delighted to have made the cut as I only decided to enter this week as I was on holidays last week eating pizza's and cornetto's (carb loading) :D

EDIT:
    Got sorted for 25 Euro (no discount) , but there is 20% off in the Store if you enter the 5 mile, so I bought some running gear and electrolyte tablets at a knock down price!
    Went with the XL Tee Shirt as the Large was vacuum packed on to me ;)

Delighted to be running tomorrow as I have missed a few races this year....best of luck to any Boardies running tomorow

Where are people parking? Is the start line far up Chesterfield Avenue. For previous race series I've parked in Heuston and got shuttle bus to start line but I imagine no buses tomorrow. Will it be a bit quieter that can park in the park itself?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭romteilly

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    Where are people parking? Is the start line far up Chesterfield Avenue. For previous race series I've parked in Heuston and got shuttle bus to start line but I imagine no buses tomorrow. Will it be a bit quieter that can park in the park itself?

Thanks

No according to the leaflet there is the usual shuttle bus from parkgate street

Great thanks. It's going to be a scorcher. Might have to revise upwards my goal time a wee bit. Have a good race all.

Been out already for a quick walk... its gonna be a warm one guys! Seems its either 100 degrees or Storm Sandy for these races series in the park lately - no in between :D:D

What a beautiful morning here, can't wait for this.

• Advertisement

Jaysus... some heat! Great race though. Thanks to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

15 min delay was a joke, waste of time doing a warm up when you're stood around for so long for the gun.
    Had to take the foot off the gas on the home straight, head felt very strange, thought I was going to pass out, must've been the heat.

ooter wrote: »
    15 min delay was a joke, waste of time doing a warm up when you're stood around for so long for the gun.
    Had to take the foot off the gas on the home straight, head felt very strange, thought I was going to pass out, must've been the heat.

Not much they could do about it really. Blame the President for having guests over for morning tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Great race, loved the route and a nice PB out of it! Well organised!

Yeah it was a great race, the profile was great, nice and flat and although that climb on mile 4 was a slog there was a decent downhill just before it cancelling it out. The finish was great, love being able to see it from half a mile out, it really lets you know what you need to do.

Great day, bagged a pb too although I was two minutes behind my target.

Advertisement