Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The last match should be good. Both really need two points and will fancy themselves.

Chizzy played fairly well and had too much for Kim. The game was over before it began really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

i would love to see how much the viewing figures have dropped on this over the years - havnt watched a game yet
    grown to hate this event

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

sc86 wrote: »
    i would love to see how much the viewing figures have dropped on this over the years - havnt watched a game yet
    grown to hate this event

I tend to just have it on the background as I'm doing something else, I am not bothered in the slightest if I miss it though. It's a completely uninteresting tournament but it's vital for raising funds for the PDC to provide the prize money that they do.

With that said, I've no idea why the run so many other non-ranked nothing tournaments throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

grown to hate this event

Its really dull and the sky build up and the graphics of the lads looking mean with the beer bellys and extra chins is funny.

Some of the chat before the match is cringe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

when will we get the Taylor tears as this is his last premier league ??

by the time they roll around here there will be 2 players eliminated and i think they will be Klassen and Kim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

MvG having an off day

Draw probably fair. Lewis looked very good at times but Van Gerwen threw it away towards the end.

And Gary having a poor night. Credit to Wadey though, throwing well.

Wade will be gutted. 5-1 up to down 6-5. Would have taken a point before hand though and stays unbeaten. That leg to level it 5-5 was bizarre with so many missed darts.

• Advertisement

Burial. wrote: »
    Wade will be gutted. 5-1 up to down 6-5. Would have taken a point before hand though and stays unbeaten. That leg to level it 5-5 was bizarre with so many missed darts.

In the end he'll be happy to have gotten a draw.

Huybrects bottled it there at the end missing 2 darts at double for the win.

4 draws tonight. Odds of greater than 1000/1 for the accum. Saw one punter back the five draws at 4300/1 and missed out. I'd be so sick.

watched it tonight
    nothing changed -
    every match still a PREMIER LEAGUE CLASSIC
    how many games have they said that about!

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭leoch

kim not happy after tonights game against taylor he wanted to say alot more in interview about taylor but was holding back,a game he should have won but taylor aggravated the sh1te out of him as he does and put him of ,no love lost there i think

leoch wrote: »
    kim not happy after tonights game against taylor he wanted to say alot more in interview about taylor but was holding back,a game he should have won but taylor aggravated the sh1te out of him as he does and put him of ,no love lost there i think

He said something about signing the board and then Taylor giving it loads after claiming the draw and there being a lack of respect from him.
    They clearly don't get on and you could see Taylor only wanted to win just to piss of Huybrechts. He was delighted to take the win off him right at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

watched it tonight
    nothing changed -
    every match still a PREMIER LEAGUE CLASSIC
    how many games have they said that about!

Its all very stale at this point, they should just fast forward the final night.. whats the point in pretending chizzy/huybrcechts etc have a hope of not being relegated for 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,085 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Chizzy hitting 180 after 180 here and battering Barney.

Ah boy Chizzy. That's some performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

They need to shake this up, it's getting very boring and irrelevant

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

They need to shake this up, it's getting very boring and irrelevant

TbL

Still selling out 8K arenas at £20+ a ticket, so doubt there will be any major changes.

Love watching Gary when he's throwing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Snackbite 118 average WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

That was awesome. Kinda gutted he didn't average just over 120, it's like a magical avg. figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

No MVG tonight as he is injured apparently and these games are of a top standard. I don't watch darts apart from World Championship and PL but see highlights now and again. What a performance from all players tonight so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Actually 119.5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Sick stuff from Wright.

Second highest tv average of all time.

Kinda hate the premier league is taking all these records though. It's such a short format. Averaging 110+ in a longer game is much more impressive.

only over 9 legs
    very short format
    good average but needs to be over longer format to really standard out
    barney average 107 in a world semi over what 8 sets is more impressive
    and lost - while mvg done 114 in same game

Delighted for Snakebite.

• Advertisement

Also fair play to Chizzy. Looked dreadful for most of this PL, got some luck against Wade but played very well tonight in both games. Not a bad night's work.

Advertisement