Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

raiders11 wrote: »
    Sarcastically applauding the crowd too after they jeered as he threw and missed 2 darts at a double.. A thing he thrived on happening to some of his opponents over the last 2 decades..He sure as hell, had no problem with it then..

Yeah I think it may have been Blackpool last year when he had the **** fit and was inciting the crowd while mvg threw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

peteeeed wrote: »
    Yeah I think it may have been Blackpool last year when he had the **** fit and was inciting the crowd while mvg threw

that was worst ever, wasn't that him trying to start that Icelandic clap as MVG threw.....can u imagine other way round, jaysus, he would go mental..

raiders11 wrote: »
    that was worst ever, wasn't that him trying to start that Icelandic clap as MVG threw.....can u imagine other way round, jaysus, he would go mental..

That was it , looked like he was locked

Wow MVG 120 finish 60 , double top , double 10 was that intentional?

Now 44 games unbeaten in televised events , a world record

huybrechts and klassen out

• Advertisement

Barney misses double 12 for 9 darter

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Barney ends MVG's unbeaten streak. Well it had to be him didn't it. :)

Huge win for Barney over MVG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

peteeeed wrote: »
    huybrechts and klassen out

A pity the new boys can't make any impression.
    There's hardly been any change in the top rankings for the last 3 or 4 years.
    No-one making a breakthrough.

gramar wrote: »
    A pity the new boys can't make any impression.
    There's hardly been any change in the top rankings for the last 3 or 4 years.
    No-one making a breakthrough.

have to feel a bit sorry for klassen , big chance and has the wrist injury , heybrechts threw away some big wins unable to get over the finish line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

From the start they would have been favourite to be first out.

It is very stale, none of the non regulars ever make an impact. The pressure of playing the top guys every week is just too hard.

The game could really do with some of the younger talent making a mark. Corey Cadby was very exciting at the worlds. Joe Cullen played unreal against him but hasn't replicated it since. Michael Smith has the game at his best but isn't consistent enough. Gurney and Benito van de Pas other possibles who could step up.

Rowby John, Keegan Brown, Ricky Evans etc don't have the game to compete and probably never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gerwyn Price is going the right way.

I hope that's the last we see of Huybrechts and Klassen.

Johner wrote: »
    Gerwyn Price is going the right way.

I hope that's the last we see of Huybrechts and Klassen.

I thought of Price too. He's come a long way in only a few years playing.
    Gurney could push himself into consideration for the PL too.

I thought of Price too. He's come a long way in only a few years playing.
    Gurney could push himself into consideration for the PL too.

If he keeps on improving this year I think he should get a place. He's got a bit of personality about him and him and Lewis don't like each other. Klassen has zero personality and Huybrechts is just annoying. Price might ruffle a few feathers.

If he keeps on improving this year I think he should get a place. He's got a bit of personality about him and him and Lewis don't like each other. Klassen has zero personality and Huybrechts is just annoying. Price might ruffle a few feathers.

I don't know what it is about Huybrechts but no-one seems to like him.
    Personally it's the that lip curl he does when throwing the dart.
    Almost as annoying as Dolan sticking the tip of his tongue out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Price has made some waves. Be interesting to see can he raise his game even higher and consistently average 100+ to compete with the big guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why is RVB loved so much ??? i knw a few people who hate him and think hes a bit arrogant (prob just the dutch ways)

It will be weird seeing no Phil Taylor next year and beyond

Looking forward to Dublin in 2 weeks, not looking forward to the E6.50 cans of Orchard Thieves though. Think i will give it a rest for 2018, done enough of the Grand Prix in the citywest too

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

For me, Barney was the first to properly break the Phil Taylor monotony. I also didn't have Sky, so the BDO was where I got my Darts every Christmas so him beating Taylor validated that for me.

Love the way he threw the darts too.

Another shabby unicorn board. 12 becomes 1.

Untitled.jpg

mdwexford wrote: »
    Price has made some waves. Be interesting to see can he raise his game even higher and consistently average 100+ to compete with the big guns.

Just put in a lovely performance there to get to the semi of the German Darts Championship with a 101 average. He's in fine form at the moment, hopefully he keeps it up.

• Advertisement

Was unlucky to lose to Wright. Had one dart at tops for a place in the final and pulled it badly.
    Be interesting to see how Wright and MvG get on in the final.

Was unlucky to lose to Wright. Had one dart at tops for a place in the final and pulled it badly.
    Be interesting to see how Wright and MvG get on in the final.

He will be kicking himself after that, really should have won that!

He will be kicking himself after that, really should have won that!

I think he's lacking a bit of composure that comes with being in that position but he's still new enough to the game and plenty of time to learn from the experience.

I think he's lacking a bit of composure that comes with being in that position but he's still new enough to the game and plenty of time to learn from the experience.

Yep, that should come with more experience, he's still a relative novice in the game. Can see him breaking into the top 10 sooner rather than later.

Good win for Wright, he did to MvG what MvG usually does to him and scored heavily to muscle him out of the game.
    First to 6 short format but still did it and no surprise having won the UK open a few weeks ago and looking like he has that
    extra bit of confidence.

Good win for Wright, he did to MvG what MvG usually does to him and scored heavily to muscle him out of the game.
    First to 6 short format but still did it and no surprise having won the UK open a few weeks ago and looking like he has that
    extra bit of confidence.

Wright wasn't at his best this weekend and won, a good sign for him as he usually plays brilliant and loses. Looks like the UK Open has done wonders for him in the later stages of tournaments. Delighted for him that he's winning where it matters now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

driving up next thursday 6th April for the 3arena show but have heard theres a load of road closures around the 3arena (we parked on the quays last year)

wheres the best place to park ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Huybrechts will miss tonight to be with his mother who is terminally ill. Wright gets a 7-0 walkover. Must have been hard for the lad for the past few months while his poor mams health deteriorated.

statto25 wrote: »
    Huybrechts will miss tonight to be with his mother who is terminally ill. Wright gets a 7-0 walkover. Must have been hard for the lad for the past few months while his poor mams health deteriorated.

I was wondering why he got a walkover but I assume it's the last night of the first stage and he is out of it so can't be rescheduled.
    Wright could win the first phase it so if MvG loses tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

If Wright gets the last semi final place by a leg or two I can see a bit of whinging about this

Advertisement