Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

paulie21 wrote: »
    If Wright gets the last semi final place by a leg or two I can see a bit of whinging about this

Would love that happen at Taylor's expense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Plenty of mentions so far of players not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Apologies if not allowed but selling 1 darts ticket for next Thursday night

Barney really looking the part again 7-2 win

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

peteeeed wrote: »
    Barney really looking the part again 7-2 win

Wade seemed to mouth "it's not right" during the match there. What are they not happy about? Wright getting a 7-0 walkover or the fact they're playing at all?

/Edit: Ok from Barney's comment about can't get better than a 7 nil I'm guessing that's the reason.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Wade seemed to mouth "it's not right" during the match there. What are they not happy about? Wright getting a 7-0 walkover or the fact they're playing at all?

/Edit: Ok from Barney's comment about can't get better than a 7 nil I'm guessing that's the reason.

the 7-0 is a strange one though , there are very few whitewashes , they should have worked out the average victory margin for kims defeat and went with that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Apparently Wade was annoyed because (for camera operational reasons) Sky had asked the ref to stand in a position from which the players couldn't see the handwritten scores, so he was coming to the board not knowing whether he had say 312 or 313 left which is something that obviously influences where you start and where you cover.
    Really not the sort of thing you should let get to you, but as we know Wade can be like that for reasons outside his control.

the ref cam was ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

the 7-0 is a strange one though , there are very few whitewashes , they should have worked out the average victory margin for kims defeat and went with that

I suppose it's in the rules but it is a tad generous. They should have used the Duckworth-Lewis method!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Meh match card for Dublin TBH
    Wade vs MVG
    RVB vs Taylor
    Chisnall vs Wright
    Anderson vs Lewis
    Wade vs RVB

Belfast (night 12 April 20th) is
    Chisnall vs Lewis
    Taylor vs Anderson
    Wright vs Wade
    MVG vs RVB
    Chisnall vs Taylor

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Meh match card for Dublin TBH
    Wade vs MVG
    RVB vs Taylor
    Chisnall vs Wright
    Anderson vs Lewis
    Wade vs RVB

Belfast (night 12 April 20th) is
    Chisnall vs Lewis
    Taylor vs Anderson
    Wright vs Wade
    MVG vs RVB
    Chisnall vs Taylor

taylor v barney and lewis v anderson are always tasty

taylor v barney and lewis v anderson are always tasty

Yeah but it's unusual to start the event with the world champion and then 2 legends of the game straight after

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Yeah but it's unusual to start the event with the world champion and then 2 legends of the game straight after

You often get an unexpected match order in double game weeks, because the 'doublers' who will play each other in Match 5 must play their first game in Match 1 and Match 2.

To be honest Weeks 10-13 are the sweet spot weeks so we shouldn't really complain imo.
    Weeks 1 to 9 have the weaker players, and weeks 14-15 only have 4 matches.

You often get an unexpected match order in double game weeks, because the 'doublers' who will play each other in Match 5 must play their first game in Match 1 and Match 2.

To be honest Weeks 10-13 are the sweet spot weeks so we shouldn't really complain imo.
    Weeks 1 to 9 have the weaker players, and weeks 14-15 only have 4 matches.

Looking forward next Thursday

Not going too drink much as €6.50 per can is a lot (too us non Dublin folk it is). A lot of lads will be out of it well before the start lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Looking forward next Thursday

Not going too drink much as €6.50 per can is a lot (too us non Dublin folk it is). A lot of lads will be out of it well before the start lol

Do they not do the pitchers at the Premier League like they do at Citywest?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Isn't it a bit mad how far snakebite has risen in 4 years,at his age.. to be in top 3 in the world right now , deservedly,is a bit bonkers.

Just down to dedication?

I look at Lewis now and sigh a bit,was best I've ever seen a few years back then just kinda let it go.

Also another thing to annoy me,they always announce Barney as 5 time world champion and barley ever mention let alone call him former world champ to jelle klassen ,it's not right.

To recover from dartitis and get back in top 16 in this day and age is remarkable.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Do they not do the pitchers at the Premier League like they do at Citywest?

Didn't have them the last few times I was there

They Might for the table seats but don't think pitchers would work for tired seating

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Isn't it a bit mad how far snakebite has risen in 4 years,at his age.. to be in top 3 in the world right now , deservedly,is a bit bonkers.

Just down to dedication?

I look at Lewis now and sigh a bit,was best I've ever seen a few years back then just kinda let it go.

Also another thing to annoy me,they always announce Barney as 5 time world champion and barley ever mention let alone call him former world champ to jelle klassen ,it's not right.

To recover from dartitis and get back in top 16 in this day and age is remarkable.

I agree about Lewis. But watch his performance herehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddIE21GRZlw from yesterday against Chizzy. His getting his old form back by this evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

anti-venom wrote: »
    I agree about Lewis. But watch his performance herehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddIE21GRZlw from yesterday against Chizzy. His getting his old form back by this evidence.

Lewis just looks so unhealthy when he on TV the last few years though... think its fair to say playing in a players event is a lot easier for him than being up under the lights sweating his head off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Lewis just looks so unhealthy when he on TV the last few years though... think its fair to say playing in a players event is a lot easier for him than being up under the lights sweating his head off.

These are very relaxed events. I watched MvG in Sundays players beating Mervyn King and then Wright in the final.
    Like fellas playing in their living room with their slippers on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Just down to dedication?

I think wright twigged a few years back he could make a very good living at the game even without winning majors with barry hearn injecting cash.

So he created the snakebite persona to stand out from the crowd and got his head down and worked hard.. credit to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

There would appear to be table tickets available for tonight on Ticketmaster

Looking forward to tonight , last time we will see Phil Taylor in PL action in Dublin

Enjoy the night remember drink responsibly lol

Wheat a game to start , wade 110 and mvg 113 averages

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

sensational from mvg,taylor playing well unfortunately :)

Good night mvg amazing finish, Taylor played well, deserves draw between chizzy and snakebite. Lewis and RVB payed well in the last 2 games. So many failed 9 darters. I think there was a bit of scrap in the crowd there tonight during the Anderson/Lewis game

rvb came out like a zombie for the 2nd match , tanked on the first leg then kicked into gear , crowd got very loud and drunk and played their part in the night

Lewis 9 darter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Picked the right time to tune in

• Advertisement

On fire

Advertisement