Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Donnelly T.D. joins Fianna Fáil at last!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Has he no shame? Teaming up with tha bunch of buffoons:mad:?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

2 votes gone from my household anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Politicians don't do shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

I don't think he is with the Social Democrats any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Fianna Fail is place for him, no doubt about that.. Heard him on Newstalk there. A slippery, slimy, power hungry liar with his eye on the prize. He will fit in perfectly with Fianna Fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭joejoe87

WTF?!! Noooooo ! He had so much promise, really thought he was the guy to ruffle some feathers as an independent , that's why I voted for him. That's shocking altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

But how can you complain? Apparently everyone begged Stephen to join a party to help save the country!!! As he said on Newstalk today.

A true trumpian if there ever was one.

Was shocked how many naive people voted for him.

Now we get to hear him waffle on about his extensive 'banking and economics' experience for a few years.

No doubt he will be as effective with FF as he has been as an independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

joejoe87 wrote: »
    WTF?!! Noooooo ! He had so much promise, really thought he was the guy to ruffle some feathers as an independent , that's why I voted for him. That's shocking altogether

What promise did he have. Just another lying self serving politician expecting people to believe guff like he wants to serve the country. As if. The guy sniffed the wind and expects FF to be in next time round. That's why he made the move, end of story. He wants power, glory, perks and pensions. Same as all the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Disappointing. He could have been in Government by now if he stuck with the SDs. Sometimes you have to shut up and put up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,108 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

recipio wrote: »
    Disappointing. He could have been in Government by now if he stuck with the SDs. Sometimes you have to shut up and put up.

But doesnt that just show he has no social democratic principles or beliefs at all

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I don't know. Once I swallowed my initial reaction I had to ask what choice did he have if he wants to effect change?

SD didn't work for him.
    Independent voice is lost and again no real effective power our current model of government.
    FF/FG well FG already have their future leader the town. FF then seems like an option where he can now work from the inside to change them.

Will I vote for him next time? Not sure yet, initially I have to say no but then I look at the choices really available and how that worked last time. Really think we need a larger debate on a better model for government than this lie we're currently all buying into. No idea what that is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭LagunaSeca

If he thinks he needs to join FF to effect change he can knock himself out but he should have bloody well waited for the next election campaign to do so. Has duped and given 2 fingers to those who voted for him not yet a year ago :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

eigrod wrote: »
    2 votes gone from my household anyway.

5 from mine

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

there seems to be a very similar sentiment in pretty much all the comments on the FB page. as someone who campaigned heavily for stephen the first time he ran for election, i have to say i feel very let down. i have never and will never vote for fianna fail.
    https://www.facebook.com/DonnellyforWicklow/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,088 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Found this a bit of a shock tbh, but I suppose politicians have to do a lot to shock these days.

He has said some bad things about FF in the past iirc, so he'll have to do some apologising behind the scenes, a bit like Trump considering he now has to meet all those he has slagged off in the past.

As for people calling FF a bunch of buffoons etc, I heard the other day they are leading the polls again, likely to be the biggest party come the next election.

The Irish electorate get all they deserve. Plenty of buffoons there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,108 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

loobylou wrote: »
    5 from mine

6 here

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

3 from ours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Genuinely thought that was a Waterford Whispers type spoof for first few paragraphs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Quiggers59

I am happy to say I never fell for his "accidental politician" nonsense.Stephen looked at modern politics and wrestled with his conscience,and his conscience lost.Fianna Fail drove the country off the economic cliff,Mr Donnelly was outraged by their incompetence,and now he has joined them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Quiggers59 wrote: »
    I am happy to say I never fell for his "accidental politician" nonsense.Stephen looked at modern politics and wrestled with his conscience,and his conscience lost.Fianna Fail drove the country off the economic cliff,Mr Donnelly was outraged by their incompetence,and now he has joined them.

Agree with all of that. And he waited until their popularity in the polls was such that they are a shoe in to form part of the next Government. Just as slimey as those he has joined.

He is clever enough to realise that all the keyboard warrior outrage won't last long and he will be voted in by default when the feckle population decides FF needs another go in power.

The blame for this fella lies square with all those who wasted a vote on an independent.

Frank Underwood err.... I mean Stephen Donnelly only exists because of voter apathy.

He is clever enough to realise that all the keyboard warrior outrage won't last long and he will be voted in by default when the feckle population decides FF needs another go in power.

The blame for this fella lies square with all those who wasted a vote on an independent.

Frank Underwood err.... I mean Stephen Donnelly only exists because of voter apathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ronaldo1971

from the bald eagle himself.

‘Everybody hates you’. I was warned not to look at social media, but you know how it is. So when curiosity got the better of me and I opened Twitter on my phone early Friday morning, they were the first three words I read.

Hate is such a strong word, But contradiction, Liar, Power hungry, snake, just like all the others. These words fit him perfectly.
    Fianna fail for the love of christ.

Advertisement