Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I due a refund ?

Options
  • 02-02-2017 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I recently had a fault on my Phone and Broadband line in January. Whilst investigated it was found that the PSTN line had not been plugged into its port in the exchange and so this was thought to be the source of the issue. It was not. Further down the line we dicovered the router was the cause. It was replaced and the broadband speeds returned. Happy Days. Fault resolved.

I am a customer since January 2016 (long time customer but this specific installation was Jan 2016)  and have had no Phone line for the duration of 1 year as advised to me by your engineer. The phone line is where most of the bundle costs are located i.e added minutes due to recent price increases e.t.c I am on tripleplay with Phone line, DSL and TV . I was apparenly not on triple play and could not have used the phone service if I would have liked. Could you investigate please and find out what refund I am due ? I had an awful installation
    experience last year and am not surprised the most important service wasn't installed at the time. It took nerly 1 month to "find a spare port for the TV".

Any help would be gretaly appeciated !

Regard
    Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Gazzy23 wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently had a fault on my Phone and Broadband line in January. Whilst investigated it was found that the PSTN line had not been plugged into its port in the exchange and so this was thought to be the source of the issue. It was not. Further down the line we dicovered the router was the cause. It was replaced and the broadband speeds returned. Happy Days. Fault resolved.

I am a customer since January 2016 (long time customer but this specific installation was Jan 2016)  and have had no Phone line for the duration of 1 year as advised to me by your engineer. The phone line is where most of the bundle costs are located i.e added minutes due to recent price increases e.t.c I am on tripleplay with Phone line, DSL and TV . I was apparenly not on triple play and could not have used the phone service if I would have liked. Could you investigate please and find out what refund I am due ? I had an awful installation
    experience last year and am not surprised the most important service wasn't installed at the time. It took nerly 1 month to "find a spare port for the TV".

Any help would be gretaly appeciated !

Regard
    Gary
    Hi  Gazzy23,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    I'm sorry to hear you experienced a fault. Can you PM me your name and account number and I will take a look into this. 

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gazzy23

Hi Pamela,

PM sent !

Thanks again

Regards
    Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Gazzy23 wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,

PM sent !

Thanks again