Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy iPad now or wait for march?

Options
  • 02-02-2017 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm giving serious thought to buying an iPad Air 2 128gb.
    Pricewise it's right in my budget (ipad pro is a bit much) and seems to fit my requirements nicely (mostly netflix, games, itunes, bit of word editing and presentations). The only thing I'd be worried about is how futureproof it would be as its been out a while. Would I be better off to wait it out to see what happens in March or buy now.

Cheers,
    Uberbeamerman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It'll be fairly futureproof as it's a great machine, but if you can wait, do. If anything the Air 2 will get cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hurler85

Is there anywhere to get a good deal on the ipad air 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Hurler85 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to get a good deal on the ipad air 2?

Adverts.ie !

Here's one you'd grab for €350.

http://www.adverts.ie/ipad/ipad-air-2-brand-new-sealed-16gb/12194498

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Might be worth holding out to see do Apple drop the price this March. The Air 2 is still a great tablet, I bought one last year, but bear in mind that it's 3 year old hardware this year.

Might also be worth keeping an eye on the Apple Refurb Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hurler85

MillField wrote: »
    Might be worth holding out to see do Apple drop the price this March. The Air 2 is still a great tablet, I bought one last year, but bear in mind that it's 3 year old hardware this year.

Might also be worth keeping an eye on the Apple Refurb Store.

Whats the deal with the refurbs? Would they be worth getting? See a 64gb air 2 for €419.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Hurler85 wrote: »
    Whats the deal with the refurbs? Would they be worth getting? See a 64gb air 2 for €419.

I've bought a MacBook Pro and an iPad from the refurb store. They were both in perfect condition and genuinely looked like they had never been used. The only thing you sacrifice is the original packaging which isn't a big deal to me.

I'd have no problem recommending refurb. Saves money and you get a great product.

Advertisement