Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cost of stripping replacing tiles

• 02-02-2017 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All,

I have never gotten this done before so I have no idea what it should cost. I need to get a 5 footx5 foot bathroom tiled both the floor and all four walls. I got a quote of €1100 to strip & dispose of the old tiles, replace the plasterboard if needed, remove the sanitary ware (not being replaced, the old ones going back in) and grout & adhesive. The tiler comes recommended, I would be happy to pay this if it's the going rate but like I say, I don't have a clue! I'm in the Kildare area. If anyone could let me know if they think this is reasonable, i would be very grateful

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I used to sell bathroom suites and tiles (10 years ago). Is the quote for the stripping and installation of new tiles, with you supplying the tiles? If yes, that sounds pretty reasonable.

You need 2.25SQM of floor tiles and 15SQM for the walls if you're going all the way to the ceiling. That should cover you for cutting and waste, as it ignores the likelihood of a window and the door, so no need to add for cutting and waste. If you have a bath in there....and you are tiling the side of the bath with the floor tiles, than add another meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Feelin Good

Thanks goz for your reply. Yep, it's for stripping & replacing the old tiles, and I am supplying the tiles. Thanks again for your advice

Advertisement