Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to decide on the best law course

Options
  • 02-02-2017 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the best university for law courses?? Currently have the law plus degree in UL down first on my CAO if anyone that does/did that course can tell me anything about it. Just want to make sure I'm choosing the right place to study in regards to employment once I finish my degree, would choosing a law course in UCD or UCC be more benificial to me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Yoop

A law degree from any college/university in Ireland is sufficient for the King's Inns if you're thinking of going the barrister route. You can become a solicitor without a law degree at all. If you're planning on a career outside of the legal profession I would imagine it would be more important where you do your masters degree.

You'll often hear people going on about how the Dublin law schools are better etc. but I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Go to the college you're most excited about or which has the course/modules you want to do most.

Advertisement