Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Find a Donegal Road Number

Options
  • 02-02-2017 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm buying a house at the minute and as part of the conveyance our Solicitor has asked is the road passing outside the house a public Road.  It clearly is as its tarred and maintained by the council etc.  However she wants a letter from the council stating it is a public road which the sellers solicitor has requested.

This request could go into a dark hole in the council's office so I have said to her if I can prove it has a road number would she accept that it is a public road and speed the process up.  She will.

Now the question is how do I find out the road number of the road!

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The council if its an L road.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

On this map zoom in as far as you can on the road in question. Up near the top right of the map you will see a tab marked "more" click on that and from the drop down menu make sure the "roads" tab is ticked. Click on the centre of the road in question and a pop up window will show you the road number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If it's a side road then there should be a sign with a number on it at the junction with the main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Dats_rite

muffler wrote: »
    On this map zoom in as far as you can on the road in question. Up near the top right of the map you will see a tab marked "more" click on that and from the drop down menu make sure the "roads" tab is ticked. Click on the centre of the road in question and a pop up window will show you the road number.
    Thanks Muffler! Got it now.  I had tried this map but I obviously wasn't clicking directly on the middle of the road line....a mm or 2 either side and it gives no result.

Thanks again.

Advertisement