Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The end is nigh for anyone who lamps at night

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

This thread requires popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

This thread requires popcorn

Just don't ask the Usher that is 'scoping' out your house with his 'lamp' to bring it to you :D:D

87503219.jpg?v=2&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=PgUrwOZh-BPzCcby14NFkYINm9t-Pu5lmwsVdSXKwNaTsRsHsomNBVccnnYAQAI50

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

It's great that you let him know when you're going isn't it ? That way he knows who's on his land...

My local farmer sold me the land I'm on, with the house on it, so he has no problem with blow ins, especially since we've never had any problems with each other. We've had more than 13 years of happily becoming less blow in and more "in".

He knows he can surround my house with slurry if he needs to, he knows if his cows accidentally step into my garden we're not going to have a hissy fit about it, he knows he can plough overnight when the weather's due to change and there'll be no one complaining. He knows he'll be informed if some of his cattle stray on the road, or if strangers are on his land lamping and I'm at home to see it. He knows that if there was a strange truck loading livestock at weird hours, I'd check it out with him (http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/10000-reward-offered-for-information-on-sheep-rustlers-732093.html).

He knows the guards will have his back if burglars are scouting around the area, and people in the community can pinpoint cars or potential culprits.

He knows that there's never a bother whatever happens on his land, unless it looks suspicious.

He himself shot the mink that we think attacked my cat once. He'll let us know when the fox situation gets a bit too much and people are likely to be around to fix it. Except some days we don't meet, so it would be handy if the hunters due to come gave us the nod.

I still don't understand how this seems to be a major issue for some hunters on here, better communication could mean that the end would not be nigh for legal hunters who lamp at night.

Anyway, it's irrelevant for me right now as I've to get on to the guards as I said. The local farmer knows about that, last I heard, his wife got on to me to thank me and said she'd let me know if anything funny was going on over near their house too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

[Mod Note]

From the forum charter:
    There are also some rules specific to this forum:
    1. Hunting is legal, ethical and morally sound. This is an accepted axiom of this forum and discussions about whether or not hunting itself is an ethical or legal activity are not permissible;

We're running full-tilt at the line drawn by this rule and I'm not seeing any evidence that we're going to get anything productive out of it, so I'm going to close the thread at this point.

[/Mod Note]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement